T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new Emulsion. I have been using the pre mix stuff. This time I went with the Hybrid emulsion, Diazo additive.

My question. Do I have to mix it all at once or can I add only what I need? Or at least mix half of it?

· Registered
283 Posts
Yes, you need to mix it all at once. Once mixed, keep in a cool place. I don't put mine in the fridge, some people do. It's good for about 3 months once mixed. You will notice when it's old, you cost the screens and the design does not come out great.

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I felt like the pre mix stuff just wasn't hard enough.After using it on 40 shirts, Then cleaning my screen, I could see that some blue was in the water. That means to me it is breaking down.

The second run and after I cleaned the screen, I could see that some of the edges looked a little jagged.

Not that I know from comparison, because it is all I ever used. But I figured I would try something new, to see If there is a difference. I have a large order to fill next week. Do not want the issues I had the last time.

But who knows, Maybe I will have some new issues! lol

· Registered
2,132 Posts
Just a heads up--anything with Diazo will take a lot more UV to properly expose than the photopolymer 'one pot' emulsions.

A dual cure emulsion (all things equal, properly exposed and developed) should have better resolution and solvent/water resistance than a PP, or pure diazo type of emulsion. There are conditions under which this wouldn't be true--which is why I say "should". :)

· Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm. It took one minute less to expose than the pre mix stuff. I did a step test, 4 minutes to 20. It washed out at 5. I was at 6 before.
For a minute difference I would not make a change.

But the results I got washing out were great!
The print went well last night.

I cleaned my screens and nothing washed away. The stencils look great still so I can continue tonight. I think this stuff is a winner.

Dont know why it took less time to expose. I used 2-1 coating just like before.

· Registered
2,132 Posts
My only point was just because it will hold an image at a given time does not mean the stencil is properly exposed, and that if you're exposing a dual cure for less time than a photopolymer, it's likely you were either overexposing the PP, or severely underexposing the DC.

Don't get me wrong, if you get a stencil that holds details, holds up to the print run, and reclaims easily, you don't have any problems. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.