T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help.. emergency..

My flash cure dryer is not fully working.. there is a little bit of heat coming out of the dryer...

this was the only way i been drying t shirts because i did not have enough money to purchase a conveyor dryer

i have 300 t shirts with 3 prints on each t shirt...

i have no way to dry these shirts...

they have to be done by tomorrow evening..

i don't know what to do....

all my art work is done and screens are in place... i printed a few and dried them already and now this happened..

tell me what to do...

is there any other way?

please help...

·
Registered
532 Posts
heat gun or oven seems to be the only thing I can think of-or outsource to get it done and save face.

Do you have a heat press?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a heat gun

but

Yes i have a heat press... Please tell me what to do... Please... all the settings and how high........ please........

i have to flash cure between each color.... so i don't know what to do..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Plastisol or water based?

A heat gun, or a cooking oven if you have to...

Depending on how old the flash is, I would make sure its not an electrical problem. Does it have an On-Off switch or a variable dial?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plastisol or water based?

A heat gun, or a cooking oven if you have to...

Depending on how old the flash is, I would make sure its not an electrical problem. Does it have an On-Off switch or a variable dial?

it is plastisol ink... i have heat press....the flash unit has a on off switch... i checked it out and there are no wires burned...

·
Registered
532 Posts
multi colors will slow this down-maybe even impossible.

Your only out is a heat gun and a temp gun-Home depot has both. Walmart should even have the heat gun.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
multi colors will slow this down-maybe even impossible.

Your only out is a heat gun and a temp gun-Home depot has both. Walmart should even have the heat gun.

i'm sorry but i do not have time to drive 200 miles to get to the walmart or any convenient store like that... and then drive another 200 miles back again... thats over 4 5 hrs one way and then come back and do it again...

I have a heat press.... can i hang the heat press like a flash unit and do it this way... and if so, how high (temperature )does the unit have to be?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a link I made just last week, I hope you can use it
How about using a Heat Press for a Flash curer!!! ;)

THank You for that but can you use it flash cure in between colors?

I figure I would position my heat press to the exact level of where the flash unit use to be..... put it on the table and put an object in the back of it so it tilted forward with the lid open at all times, but level with the platen..

I will have to heat the t shirt just enough (not dry but touchable) to stack (all 300 t shirts) until they are all done (just the print)

and then final cure from the heat press....

·
Registered
125 Posts
You may have already recievedthe answer. No becuz you would have to lift up the shirt, so your best bet is to get a heat gun, sorry for your inconvience.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Oh, if you have on eof the fancy heat press that has a swinging head then I do not see why not use the heat press as a flash dryer and a final curer.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I agree a heat gun would be your best bet. If your too far away try renting one from a window tint shop, they use them.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Hardware stores should carry heat guns. They use them to strip paint.
Also, check your flash dryer........you may have a fuse...
Also, you could try and borrow a infared dryer that paintshops (auto body repair) use to dry paint......it'll work like a charm...

·
Registered
396 Posts
did you move it ? is it plugged into an extension cord ? that kind of stuff never should be. if it is is the cord hot ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts