T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will embroidery results be satisfactory on a ladies 3.1 oz burnout tank top? I know a lot depends on the embroiderer and his/her skills and equipment. I asked my embroiderer and he said it should look fine, but I'd like to get input from the experts here.

It's a solid bold text only logo of ~4500 stitches, 3.5 in. x 2 in. on the right front and one line of lightweight text on the left front, about 4 in. x 1 in..

This is for an order of 600 - 700 pieces and I'd hate to have an unhappy client. I suggested screen printing but they'd prefer embroidery.

· Registered
1,371 Posts
For fun we used to embroider on a paper towel to show clients you are actually sewing on the backing. I'd do 1 and get an approval from the client. :)

· Registered
654 Posts
um...that's a good idea. i never thought about doing it on a burnout. i thought they were really thin. but, send me a photo if you decide to go ahead w/the job. i would love to see the finished product.

· Registered
588 Posts
If you do want to try it you would need to use a no show backing. You will also want to show them a preproduction sample for approval. You might want to make 2 samples and wash one of them a few time to see what will happen. Make sure they sign off on everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.