T-Shirt Forums banner

Embroidery Jpg to dst to 3d dst... Help?

1346 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  bishop2014
Hello.
I was wondering if someone can help me or clarify something for me. I recently had a jpg image converted to dst. In the image, it looks like it would be a flat embroidery.

Went to the embroidery shop to have my hats embroidered and requested them to be in 3D format. I was told it's in flat format, and it would need an anchor.

Do I have to go back to my digitizer and have him redo the dst. file to meet the requirements?

or

any dst file should be able to produce a flat or 3d look?

Thank you!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Yes you will need to go back to your digitizer to get a 3d design done.

A flat normal design cannot work for 3d.

3d designs have a higher density and are digitized in a different way from normal.

When you give a design to your digitizer and its for 3d make sure you mention it so its made for 3d.
Realistically. That's what I figured. My naive side was hoping for it to work regardless. Thank you.
if you did use it, it would NOT look nice cos the puff would not cut away easily and the capping at the ends will not work so you will have one messy embroidery...
No did not use it. Going to see if my source can re-digitize it to 3d format. thank you.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.