T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about adding an embroidery machine to my cutter, & heat press.
Would like to find good place to price one and are they real complicated to learn, or could a person do it little by little?
Thanks, if you can help
Linda

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
There is a learning curve to Embroidery.I guess before you spend thousands on equipment you need to figure a few things first. How much embroidery can you do with a 1 head machine. How much embroidery do you turn away now. I suggest before you buy a machine, you figure out if you can generate the needed funds to support the payment. If you don't offer embroidery now then before you buy a machine you should out source the jobs. You will make money and not tie up your time. As your monthly outsourcing grows, you can then add a machine. I think you should establish a solid base for production before you buy a machine and then figure out how to pay for it. If you have done all these things and really need a machine . Check out the SWF machines. They are work horses and are priced competitively

·
Registered
498 Posts
Linda, I don't know where you are located but if possible, you need to go to an ISS show. You can learn a lot there. Also, there is a lot of competition there so you can get some really good prices.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I agree,build up your clientel with outsourcing and THEN add the machine.Go to a show and have good trouble shooting abilities.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I dont know where you are, but there is a trade show in Nashville next week. It is put on by NNEP (National Network of Embroidery Professionals). All of the major machine manufacturers willbe there. There will also be all of the digitizing software companies there. They will demonstrate and prob even allow you to try for yourself.

Most of the floor space will be taken up by vendors who sell the different items to embroider. Check it out here www.nnep.net

There is a charge for getting in, but if you call Tajima or one of the other manufacturers, they will probably give you free passes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts