T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for embroidery blanks for my home business. I have a tax ID, and have done lots of internet searches. I am looking more for tote bags. Also for those of you that are already in the business, what items seem to be a big seller? I am trying to get items that appeal to a wide range of customers. I have baby items, but could use some ideas for teens/college age. I am also looking for galvanized buckets. I have seen other embroiderers take a bucket and wrap it in fabric that has been monogrammed. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
356 Posts
t-shirts (Gildan, Bayside, Jensen)
sweatshirts
caps (flat bills, fitted, & military styles are popular with young folks around here) (Google Otto, Daystone, Lakes, Fahrenheit, Rothco)
pique polos (I like Blue Generation, of course Gildan is a well-known brand, Bayside is American made)
tennis shoes (Converse makes a canvas that works well - college kids here like to embroider the tongues)

Younger folks in my area don't think they like embroidery - so I have to put it in unique places, use applique & reverse applique, combine it with unique apparel vinyl, bling it with rhinestones & rhinestuds, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the ideas. Anything other than clothing? I do applique tee's for teens, but I am just looking for something to broaden my business.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you looked at personalization for babies. You will need cute plush for anyone looking for baby shower gifts. I use to sell a lot of blankets but I have had great success with personalized animals from BabyCubbies They are a fairly new company I think. Super cute!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Find a niche you like and know and run with it. Trying to be a catch all may not work as good as you think it will. If you are doing good with baby wear, stick with it. Maybe add dog clothing.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would suggest that you check out the trade magazines, Stitches, Impressions & Printwear are 3 that I can think of off the top of my head but there are others.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
does anyone know the wholesale site for the eb bears? I had it before but cannot remember it, I do use komet creations but they do not sell the eb bears, I have found some that claim they are wholesale but I know they are not because they are selling the lovies at "wholesale" and I get them a lot cheaper than that.

Any help is greatly appreciated. also still looking for the elephants with big ears if anyone knows where to get them as well.

Thanks so much

1 - 17 of 17 Posts