T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a customer who wants his initials embroidered on a sleeve on a short sleeve polo. I have done plenty of left chests on polos, but never a sleeve. Could someone give me an idea about placement? Is it just center of sleeve, a little above the cuff? Also, what kind of pricing for something like this? Do I hoop the same as doing a left chest, with cutaway?

Thanks,
Angie:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
When I have done this it has been centred on the fold of the sleeve and aligned at the bottom with the stitching of the sleeve hem. A bit of spray to hold the sleeve in place on the backing makes things easier. Otherwise ask your customer if he has any preference.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
If you have a Hoop Master with a sleeve board sleeves are very easy. Use a standard hoop with cutaway (tearaway may be fine for small designs such as a name), rotate design 180 degrees and you're good to go. I use masking tape to mark the design starting point if its not in the center of the hoop. If the design runs long you may want to tape down the sleeve hem to the cutaway so the fabric doesn't shift. The issue I've had is very small sleeves may not fit on the board. Then I use a fast frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.