T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Lately I've received a few emails from unknown individuals from all over the world.

The email asks if we are able to print designs on black shirts and if so, how much.

Never wishing to turn away potential customers, I email back confirming that we can indeed print to black shirts, I also ask for the images they want printed so I can give an idea of cost.

Anyway, the rest is all to familiar. The images are always a copyright rip off for shirts 'they' will advertise on eBay. At this point, I just 'duck out'!

How many of you guys get these requests and how do you deal with them?

John

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yes, we get some of those from Asia, Indonesia and Malaysia. From what I can tell, they do a small legit order then a big order that is later fraudulent.

Not to mention the images are rip offs anyway.

Stay far far away.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, we get some of those from Asia, Indonesia and Malaysia. From what I can tell, they do a small legit order then a big order that is later fraudulent.

Not to mention the images are rip offs anyway.

Stay far far away.
I did wonder where the 'sting' was!

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Be very careful about printing copyrighted artwork. Even though somebody else gave you the artwork - you, as the one printing the goods, are legally liable if the copyright owner decides to go after you.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply Harry.

The subject of copyright is a bigee. We don't print copyright designs without the permission of the copyright owner. We have purchased some licences to allow us to use certain logos.

The problem arises where someone sends a design and I might not recognise it to be a brand or copyright design. In these circumstances, does anyone use a disclaimer, signed by the person sending the design, basically stating they either own the design copyright or have permission to use the design?

No one can be expected to identify designs as belonging to someone else unless they're from one of the BIG brands - Disney, Monster Energy etc etc.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
No one can be expected to identify designs as belonging to someone else unless they're from one of the BIG brands - Disney, Monster Energy etc etc.
There should be some flags that go up if you are getting a request for XYZ brand logo on shirts and the email is a gmail, yahoo or hotmail account. Best advice is to not let the smell of money cover the smell of a rat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts