T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: Just ordered an Epson Workforce 1100. Now need transfer paper. Looks like JPSS is the way to go. Conde also sells Elastiprints and JetMprints, but cannot find anything current on these papers. Are these any better/worse that JPSS? Need to order soon from them and want to make sure I get the right stuff. I am switching from Chromablast and now am reading everything I can about other types of papers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Cynthia... I have not tried the Elastiprints but have tried JPSS and JetMPrint. I like them both. JPSS is a "bit" stretchier, if that's a word, and probably a "bit" softer. I found the JetM to be a "bit" brighter. I was a solid JPSS fan but have really gotten to like the JetM. After washing, the JetMPrint stays brighter than the JPSS, I believe. Both very good papers. ss

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Actually I found the JPSS to be very "thick-feeling" The customer I had did not like it. I was so disappointed in the paper (and the fact that I could not get the colors correct with the Epson) so I got a laser printer. So far, no problems. Did you do something "extra" to make it not so obvious? It feels very rubbery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had good luck with the JPSS - but other than white, ash, and sand, I usually trim it because it does show polymer. I did not have any color issues and I also had the Epson 1100. It does seem to print a little lighter than the conde red line. What laser paper are you using? I have trouble with my laser "cracking" on cotton shirts... went to the Awesome Knockout to eliminate the polymer and it works good but I can't get it to peel correctly except on small transfers like caps... if I go shirt size it quits peeling about half way thru the pull. I like image clip but it's expensive, 2 part, and somewhat tricky. Have you found a really good laser paper that you like? Thanks! ss

·
Registered
35 Posts
went to the Awesome Knockout to eliminate the polymer and it works good but I can't get it to peel correctly except on small transfers like caps... if I go shirt size it quits peeling about half way thru the pull.
I'm new - what's "Awesome Knockout"

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Bear... it's a transfer paper offered by Autoart (www.autoart.ca.com - I believe is the website or you can google it). It's a self-weeding transfer paper. Joto also offers one. I have played with it some and seems to work very good, except I have trouble with it on a full size sheet (tabloid size). You wait a few seconds before peeling and the theory is the polymer stays on the sheet instead of the shirt - my main problem with it is that when I try to do a full shirt peel, about halfway thru it starts tightening up and the paper will rip..you can re-heat and play with it forever and "save" it, but it's a pain and I have gotten to where I use it mainly on left chest & caps - small prints that you can peel the transfer quickly before it has time to set. I have not tried Joto's. If anyone knows how to peel a tabloid size sheet consistently, time after time, I'd sure appreciate any tips?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Trendy Tees... laser printers use "toner." I'm probably not the right person to answer this because I don't know much about solvent inks, but they're liquid and would have to be printed from an inkjet. I don't believe there is a solvent toner, but not positive. My experience is that the inkjets normally do better on the 100% cotton shirts and the laser-toner transfers work best on 50/50's. Toner tends to crack after several washings on all-cotton shirts, I know a lot of people claim their's won't crack and I have "pretty" good luck with them, but I still think the laser-toner transfers fall apart a little quicker on cotton then inkjets. I've printed laser transfers on 50/50's for years and they hold up very well - it helps to have the man-made fiber (polyester) to adhere to. Both transfers look great when initially printed on both fabrics, but I use inkjet almost exclusively on 100% cotton anymore because of the wash factor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts