T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may finally have the right combination of heat, pressure and time for warm peel transfers (8 secs @ 385 degrees w/high pressure). The image sticks beautifuly but the edge of the lettering does not. I cant adjust the pressure any higher as I can barely close the press as it is. Do I need more heat or more press time?

Attachments

· Registered
6,848 Posts
Wildside transfers are "Warm Peel"....

Warm Peel - Darkside (HD), Spot, Neon, Glitter

Temperature Range:
375-385 degrees fahrenheit

Press Time:
6-7 seconds

Pressure:
40-50 psi, medium to heavy

Release Time:
4-5 seconds

1. Set heat transfer machine to 375-385 degrees fahrenheit.
  2. Place garment on pad, smooth wrinkles and remove any lint or foreign material from the surface of the garment.
  3. Pre-heat garment for 2-3 seconds.
  4. Position transfer in desired position with transfer side against garment.
  5. Close and lock iron for 6-7 seconds, making sure pressure setting is adequate for good adhesion to garment. (Auto machines: 40-50 psi; Manuals: medium to heavy).
  6. Release heating head gently and wait 4-5 seconds then remove the transfer paper. The garment does not have to be removed from the iron to remove the paper.
  7. Garments should be laundered without bleaching agents, using a mild detergent and warm water.
  8. Fabrics should be pre-tested for compatibility.

· Registered
782 Posts
I'm not familiar with hot split.
Mr Rodney summed it up on a previous post.

Cold Peel: Applied with a heat press and peeled off once the transfer is cooled. Usually has a glossy look.

Hot Peel: Applied with a heat press and peeled immediately after pressing, while the transfer is still hot. Usually has more of a matte look.

Hot Split: Applied with a heat press and peeled immediately after pressing, while the transfer it hot. Some of the ink transfers to the t-shirt and some of the ink stays on the transfer paper causing a "split". This is supposed to give the final design the softest hand with a matte finish.

Hope this helps.

CalhTech>

· Registered
782 Posts
I may finally have the right combination of heat, pressure and time for warm peel transfers (8 secs @ 385 degrees w/high pressure). The image sticks beautifuly but the edge of the lettering does not. I cant adjust the pressure any higher as I can barely close the press as it is. Do I need more heat or more press time?
I would increase dwell time and/or heat. I apply mostly hot split transfers and this combination works very well for me. 1) Prepress 10 sec, 2) press sec 10 with med pressure at 385. Occasionally I will prost press with a baking sheet to matte the finish a little. I print my own transfers in most cases, but this applies to most of the stock transfers I buy as well. There are few from Proworld that need a little heat boost, but overall this works.

CalhTech>

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all. It's a learning process I know. Two of the designs gave me far more trouble than the others so I cant help but wonder if they are somehow defective. I've reported them and was told they were going to test them. So perhaps it's not 100% my error. Waiting to hear back from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.