T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm using a Edge Pre-treat system and a Mod-1 printer. I'm using mask 0 to mask 3 and saturation from 1 to 2, distance 4 to 5 on the edge.
My problem is that I can see the edge of the pre-treat just right after I dry them on the heat press. I'm using a parchment paper for 20 seconds and open the heat press let the steam out and flip the parchment paper then dry the t-shirt until no steam is visible.
But, I could see the difference in the area of the pre-treat. I'm using Gildan Softstyle black, orange, green and orange t-shirts.
Any tips?

Thanks

Ben

· Registered
207 Posts
This is a common result. Two things. Possibly too much heat on prep. The other is a fix. After printing take a hand held steamer and hang the shirt. Go over the stained area with the steamer, and if it isn't over-cooked the stain will release. We probably go over 50% of our shirts to make them more pleasant to the eye of our customers. If they are over-cooked in the prep process the stain will remain.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a common result. Two things. Possibly too much heat on prep. The other is a fix. After printing take a hand held steamer and hang the shirt. Go over the stained area with the steamer, and if it isn't over-cooked the stain will release. We probably go over 50% of our shirts to make them more pleasant to the eye of our customers. If they are over-cooked in the prep process the stain will remain.
Thanks Gene. I will try that tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.