T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If it is a polyester canvas, then that will not be a problem.

However if it is a nylon canvas, then we would recommend Gorilla Grip II.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yes, that would be fine. Be careful though, because polypropylene has a lower melt point then most fabrics. I would practice first.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Please tell us how, inquiring minds what to know! The first time I did one all I had left was the outside frame and the handles that hung outside of the heat press.
CW

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Are you referring to Polypropylene?

Depending on the type it can have a melting point as low as 266F.

It can be tricky as few vinyls heat apply that low if this is the type you have. Some are not a big deal at all.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
heat pressing for now...
silk screening too if u know sth about it...
Now these bags aren't non-woven polypropylene but polyester. We had to use Solutions Opaque since if we tried to apply a normal transfer the heat would have been too high. I tested one on the recommended transfer temp of 380 and while the outside didn't melt, the interior seemed to change to a rubber texture. Solutions Opaque's application temp was low enough not to effect the material. Pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Very Nice design.
I wish someone would post if they have found a heat applied material that can go on the low temp polypropylene bags and can give us the settings they used. I have some that I give out to customers and would like to heat press my logo on them. So far they are blank because I can't find a material to use, also they are dark bags.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Very Nice design.
I wish someone would post if they have found a heat applied material that can go on the low temp polypropylene bags and can give us the settings they used. I have some that I give out to customers and would like to heat press my logo on them. So far they are blank because I can't find a material to use, also they are dark bags.
I don't know what temp it takes to melt the polyprop but the S.O. goes on at 305.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts