T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi community,

I have a small (8.5x11) Lexmark printer. I design and make most of my heat transfers. I would like to make larger images. What are some of the most economical printers that I can purchase to make a 17"x20" heat transfer image and/or any thing in between. A color printer is not that important at this time since most of my art work is in graphite.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
17X20 is huge for a printer. You can get them, but not economically. Epson has models starting at $1,250.

How large is your press?
Actually I will have to get a larger press. I started out with and still have a hobby lite press. I am tempted to purchase a 15"x15" press but it seems to make more sense to buy a bigger press than I need now to accomodate future expansion. I don't really mean 17"x20" printer. I am talking about a printer that would print at least 17" wide. It is my understanding that the length or height does not really matter. Correct me if I am wrong.

thanks for the quick response

Willie

· Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Refurb prices at Epson on the 1400 - which does 13x19 size - are at $179. I paid $143 a month ago, but this price is pretty good, too. I only saw them dip to $143 for a short time, otherwise, the $179 to 199 range on refurbs is pretty normal.

Other sites run sales on these as well, just google the model number for returns on that.

· Registered
1,162 Posts
I bought an old Epson 1520 for $60 whit a lot a b/w and color cartridges,which prints nice. It can print up to 13.6 wide.
I am not sure if it is the way to go for you, as Kelly mentioned Epson run good sales from time to time.
I am going to use this printer basically for positives for screen printing. And it prints a very dark black with the oem ink (dye).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.