T-Shirt Forums banner

eco film peeling off

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  suju 
#1 ·
I was doing laundry and I notice 1 of my sons t-shirts that I used Eco-film Vinyl and the edges are peeling a little. I have done hundreds of shirts using this film and haven't noticed this before and now I have 400 pique shirts waiting to be done--should I be nervous-they are for a school uniform and I want them to look good and last a long time. The shirt that is peeling I did at christmas time-so it isn't very old. The shirt is 100% cotton (gildan)
Thanks

#2 ·
Hi Kimsie,

I don't use eco film but maybe when you do this order make sure you press twice and hard to make sure it's stuck. The problem with pique (polo shirts?) is the texture, it sometimes looks like vinyl is not sticking as it 'crosses over' the weave. I do polos for a local school but only use flock on pique as it covers the texture better and is raised so gives the impression of embroidery. Is flock an option?

Lee

#3 ·
flock probably is an option- I have used it before. But I went thru many loops getting the OK for this design which was done with eco film. My question to you since you use a fair amt of flock is: do it hold up as well as other vinyls'. I appreciate you input.
Kimsie

#4 ·
Kimsie, I have been using Eco film for a few months with great success. I have used Hotmark 70 for over 2 years and it has never failed me. I know that the flowerboxx uses multicut from Joto paper and he swears by it. I have never used flock,but I was at a show about 1 1/2 years ago.Josh made a soccer ball shirt with flock and trimed with vinyl. I asked him how the shirt was holding up a month ago and he told me the shirt has been washed twice a week for the last 1 1/2 years and the flock is still in perfect shape and the vinyl had a little sig of wear. I just wanted to tell you all I know about flock . ... JB

#5 ·
Flock holds up just the same as vinyl and as vinyl it does not fade. i too have shirts that are more than a year old and the flock looks as new. There are different flocks from the manufacturer i use, but apart from the fact one is slightly thicker they behave the same. Flock can look more expensive than vinyl as well. Why not show them a sample if you can get one, they should be impressed.

Lee

#7 ·
Just press it twice to be sure it has good grip. Did you pre-press for moiture removal. Also because some material has stain resistant chemicals in it it hinders the vinyl from sticking. So be sure to use a supplier that sells to garment deocrator4 industry. In other words don't buy from walmart. Lou

#10 ·
has anyone had problems with scorching of the shirts when you're pressing so much? I did some white t-shirts that came out a bit scorched. Now I'm doing some names on soccer uniforms. I tested one with an old soccer uniform and it seems like you can see the outline of the press. I did put on a teflon sheet over it. I'm using eco-film at 302 degrees at 15 seconds on medium pressure. Can I reduce the time without affecting the quality?

thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.