T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Siser recommends Sawgrass and the EasySubli sublimation ink for use on their EasySubli HTV, but I'd rather use a converted Epson and save the money on printer and ink.

Siser and Sawgrass appear to have business entanglements, and of course have an incentive to recommend their most jointly profitable solution. Apparently Sawgrass developed the EasySubli sublimation ink, in addition to the cross-endorsements, and whatever other partnership deals they have together.

On one Siser video on EasySubli, they state that it's not that other inks and printers won't necessarily work, but haven't been tested - they CLAIM they don't have data.

So, it's just not convincing that I need to spend so much more for the Sawgrass printer with EasySubli ink over an Epson printer with 3rd party ink for sublimating the EasySubli HTV.

Has anyone tested, or ideally run a direct EasySubli HTV comparison, using Epson printers and other inks?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
It’s really a matter of profiling for other printers. Without a profile you will dump too much ink if you direct print. You can transfer to it using traditional method just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.
So I'm a noob, so I'm sure these these are dumb questions: 1) Is the profile for the ink only dependant on the printer it goes into, or can the profile differ based on the substrate it will be used for? 2) Is it difficult to manually adjust PROPERLY the profile settings on the printer if the results look off?

thx

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
In Europe ( where Siser are based) Easi Subli has never been sold as a specific 'Sawgrass ink only' product. The European website has profiles for Roland, Mutoh, Mimaki and Epson wide format printers, but not desktops.

A profile is specific to the printer/paper/ink combination. You can 'get away' with adjusting the colour controls of a desktop to get better colours when printing simple custom designs. That falls down when printing photos and other peoples artwork - the colours will be far to hit and miss to be acceptable.

In addition to a profile you will also need to do some trial and error print to find the best paper settings. Like David said there will probably be too much ink laid down in some settings.
For regular sub paper you would probably pick 'matt' paper and 'best photo'. That could lay down too much ink on Easi Subli. You will probably need to use the plain paper setting, with 'photo' or 'best photo'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.