T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:
I am starting my own line of clothing and I'm curious as to ways to get my stuff into stores. I have called some stores and didn't get any leads.
I have also checked the forum but being that I'm new here and still learning to use it, I haven't had any luck finding info.
The only info I did find was, someone just opened their own clothing store. And as much as I would like to, I have to be honest, I make my shirts in my basement; money is a little too tight to open a store.
I looked into grants and had no luck. My credit sucks so I can forget about loans.
Anywho, if anyone has some advise I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Cham
:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
instead of going store to store you may want to try some national wholesale distibutors they sell to the stores. keep in mind you will have to have a few hundred of your designs ready to go and it may be about 30-45 days before you see any activity.

normally they pay for shipping and you may have to pay a marketing expense but that should come out of your first order.

again you should not have to pay anything upfront and they should handle shipping for you. you would be a supplier and that should help you get your foot in the door. i am a supplier of Christian tees and have some numbers of other suppliers send me an email and i will pass those on to you.

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
some places do consignment... you provide the shirts... they provide the space to display them... at the end of the month... they gve you your cut and they keep theirs...

another way is to print some of your designs... wear them everywhere and if they are cool people will ask you about them... then you say i can make you some... profit...
when you get a really good local buzz from your designs... you go back to 2 or 3 stores and show them your track record and see what they have to offer...

·
Registered
440 Posts
some places do consignment... you provide the shirts... they provide the space to display them... at the end of the month... they gve you your cut and they keep theirs...

another way is to print some of your designs... wear them everywhere and if they are cool people will ask you about them... then you say i can make you some... profit...
when you get a really good local buzz from your designs... you go back to 2 or 3 stores and show them your track record and see what they have to offer...
If all your doing is walking around with your designs yo aren't going to get much "buzz".

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have a stronger case with the stores if you put the shirts out and develop a customer base.

I doubt any of the larger stores are going to pick up a brand new clothing line with no established customers/followers at all, much less in the current economic environment

Basically just rock them out yourself, go to events that your target market is at and see if you cant make some things happen. Try to meet and develop relationships with people that you think could help get your name out for example; go to the local stores in your area and become friends with the managers/owners and they might just be willing to carry the products and test the waters for/with you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.