T-Shirt Forums banner

Easiest DIY washout booth

11K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  sben763 
#1 ·
im new to screen printing and havent actually tried anything as of yet...but im in a garage that has no drain...i have to run the hose from outside into the garage and spray out there....what are my best (CHEAPEST) options for a washout booth? right now im just using a big tupperware tub like for storage, but what can i do with my water after spraying? can i just expose my screen and then wash it out on my lawn or do i have to wash out my screen in a dark room?

#2 ·
I expose screens in my garage. After exposing them I wet them with a spray bottle, put them in a black garbage bag and head outside to wash out image. Try to do this in the shade and make sure the screens are wet.
As for reclaiming, I have a wash basin with a 5gallon bucket to catch emulsion etc. It all goes down the toilet when done.

#4 ·
I just made one for my basement. I had a large dresser. I hollowed it out. That is really easy. Remove drawers and take off the guides from the inside.

Then for 25.00 I grabbed a 2x4 ft sheet of plastic from home depot. I lined the dresser inside with it. Attached by liquid nails So it is waterproof inside. Then I bought a low plastic drawer from Walmart. 8 bucks. It fits in the dresser perfect.

I power wash my screens in it and it works great.

#5 ·

Attachments

#6 ·
I just built a 2x4 frame around my utility sink and covered it with scrap sheets of vinyl (like they use on banners). Not a drop hits the floor any more.

I was able to source all the materials with crap laying around my shop / leftover stuff from the previous tenants so the total cost to build was $0.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.