T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my online shop up(after months of toiling with it). I've had the site up for a while. It's just the e-commerce part that I had to piece together.

Anyhow, it's finally here and I just wanted to get some feedback on it. Likes, dislikes...doesn't matter. All critiques are welcome and appreciated!:)

fifthfundamental.com

Thanks in advance, to all who respond.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's a good looking site. The only thing I would suggest is having your products on the main page. If some is to just stumble on your site it's going to take them a few clicks to actually see your T's. Other than that I really like it. Your Life'N'Styles shirt is pretty sick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a good looking site. The only thing I would suggest is having your products on the main page. If some is to just stumble on your site it's going to take them a few clicks to actually see your T's. Other than that I really like it. Your Life'N'Styles shirt is pretty sick
Thanks Jimmy. I actually thought about just going straight to the products page, but I didn't want people to think "oh, it's just another t-shirt company". As a consumer myself, I like knowing about the company and what they're all about just as much as I like sifting through their products, so giving the option of going to the blog or the shop on the main page made more sense to me. I can see the cons to it though, just as you said, but I guess it all boils down to how I want the company to be perceived.

Thanks for the love on the tee and for checking out the site!:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don't have a "blog home" Just send them directly to your shop landing page and have a link to your blog in the Nav bar. Too much clicking, not enough product placement for me. The main goal is to expose your shirts and get your visitors to see/buy them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I agree with the above. Your selling items, not blog comments. Get your items in front of potential clients before they bounce off your site. Also, will your products be available through a shirt fulfillment service in different colors? You may want to point that out somehow to your consumers.

Other than that, it's a cool theme. You may want to add a little buffer/margin so it's not so cluttered.

Cheers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First off, thanks Fr4nk13 and dmfelder for taking time to check out my site. I really appreciate it.:)

I understand what you are both saying about going directly to the products, but my decision to have the first page have an option for the blog or the shop is more about branding than it is anything else. I can debate about this til I'm blue in the face, but I think it just all boils down to personal preference over how you want your company perceived.

Secondly, dmfelder, what do you mean by this....
Other than that, it's a cool theme. You may want to add a little buffer/margin so it's not so cluttered.
I'm kinda lost as to what page you were referring to.:confused:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I see what you're saying, yes. BUT you can also work a lot of branding into your own site (which you should!). Landing pages are just another thing to click on before your potential customers can get to your products.

More clicks = Less business *usually*

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi jeff

i think on menu, you can add color, when people see accessories, the color on accessories menu is highlight.

then.. i think you can just focus on designing more product ...

as newbie on the biz (and web designing), i do learn something from you.

maybe you can visit mine (www.babyblink.net) and drop some comment too?

see ya

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Landing pages are just another thing to click on before your potential customers can get to your products.

More clicks = Less business *usually*
So true, IF the landing pages are useless...like a "stroke my ego" flash clip that I have to sit through or an annoying page that automatically loads up music. I consider bad landing pages those that have no real purpose other than the owner thinks it's "cool". But if it actually has a useful purpose, then I don't see why anyone would mind.

With my landing page I see 1-3 seconds max to decide on blog or shop...unless they're really torn between the choice, then maybe 5 seconds.:p I guess it'll be one of those things that'll be more of a convenience for loyal followers, in the future, that want to find out the latest scoop on the company.

This is my outlook on websites:
strong branding = frequent return visits = more potential sales

The more a customer connects with your company, the more chances they will become loyal to your brand....and as we all know, the first sale is the hardest. So why struggle to go after 1000 first sales, if you can get 100 loyal customers to each come back to your site 10 times??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi jeff

i think on menu, you can add color, when people see accessories, the color on accessories menu is highlight.

then.. i think you can just focus on designing more product ...

as newbie on the biz (and web designing), i do learn something from you.

maybe you can visit mine (www.babyblink.net) and drop some comment too?

see ya
Hi Ronald. Thanks for checking out my site and for the feedback. I am looking into doing a different navigation menu for the store, unfortunately the shopping cart software I'm working with is very limited with what you can do unless you upgrade to a higher level, which of course costs more money. So I have to be more creative with the limited tools I am allowed. Right now my funds are better used on other business related things, but it is something I am looking to upgrade in the future.

As far as designing more products, I actually have a backlog of over 65 more designs just waiting to be printed. The problem again is the money to produce them. All in due time though.

I'm glad you were able to get some ideas off my website setup. It's always nice to hear when my work inspires other people's ideas.

I took a look at your site. It's a nice, clean design and the colors work well with your children's line, but I would seriously look into getting a shopping cart for your orders. I don't know of anyone that would order products through email. Things like that usually set off a red flag. Another thing you may want to adjust is listing the prices with the product. You should try to keep all the necessary info for a product together and not have people clicking from one page to another to match up products and prices. It also looks like you're using blog entries as your different product category pages, am I correct? I definitely would change that. Do it right and have your site developer make actual pages. That way people can actually click on each individual product for more info.

Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts