T-Shirt Forums banner

Dye sublimation wide format

1913 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Russellaga
Looking into a wide format dye sublimation... Epson 6200 or mutoh rj 900? any suggestions on which is better? tech support, maintenance, setup ink costs.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
So many things to consider. The advantage of an Epson is you will get factory service. It had a lot of issues when it first came maybe those are resolved. Ink between the two printers is similar in price. Realize if you purchase a Mutoh the company you are buying it from is the company that will have to perform warranty work so that becomes critical. You will want to make, especially under "warranty" that you purchase your ink from the same place you purchased the printer. Make sure you ask about how they perform warranty work especially print heads as that is basically the first thing to go south. There are a lot of RJ900 out there for good reason. It is a quality product and pretty easy to work on. Even at that if the Epsons have improved and pricing was similar and it was my first wide format I would get an Epson just to have the comfort of knowing that if something happens you have one call to make.
Reactions: 1
So many things to consider. The advantage of an Epson is you will get factory service. It had a lot of issues when it first came maybe those are resolved. Ink between the two printers is similar in price. Realize if you purchase a Mutoh the company you are buying it from is the company that will have to perform warranty work so that becomes critical. You will want to make, especially under "warranty" that you purchase your ink from the same place you purchased the printer. Make sure you ask about how they perform warranty work especially print heads as that is basically the first thing to go south. There are a lot of RJ900 out there for good reason. It is a quality product and pretty easy to work on. Even at that if the Epsons have improved and pricing was similar and it was my first wide format I would get an Epson just to have the comfort of knowing that if something happens you have one call to make.
hard decision to make but leaning toward Epson ..thanks for your help
There are advantages and disadvantages to every printer. It's best to discuss this over the phone with a dealer so you can buy equipment that is best for your needs. We sell both Epson and Mutoh and it really depends on the customer needs in order to sell them the printer that is best for them. Mutoh would be great for one customer and a bad idea for another because of these printers differences.

I'm happy to discuss it with you.

Daniel Schelin
702-234-3178

Digitally Driven, LLC.
Daniel is spot on. Not all printers are created equally and the purchasing of a printer is greatly dependent on the customers needs and expectations. Call Daniel as he has extensive experience in both of these manufacturers.
Looking into a wide format dye sublimation... Epson 6200 or mutoh rj 900? any suggestions on which is better? tech support, maintenance, setup ink costs.
We bought the original Espon 6000 3.5 years ago, it has performed faultlessly for us Day in Day out for all that time, never skipping a beat, the INK costs £50+VAT per litre - we had to buy a head maintenance kit just before christmas as it (3 years and 2 months after buying, developed a slight overspray on black ink - we predominantly print black) 20 minutes of work later and the problem was fixed - cant remember what the kit cost but i think it was around £20-30 to buy if that....
cant speak for the mutoh, never had one, will be buying the 6200 or the wider version next without pausing for thought....
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.