T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hallo and welcome to the forum! While the site is "t-shirtforums", there is plenty of other information about non-tshirt embellishment going on. Dye sublimation remains quite the same whether you're making a plaque, or a t-shirt.

You will need:
A printer that can accept Dye Sub inks (Epson being the most commonly used and affordable)
Sublimation paper
The special sublimation ink
A substrate (generally has to have a special coating on it for the ink to bind to when it's in gaseous form)

Johnson Plastics, Coastal Business Supply, and Conde all have a wide variety of systems and substrates.

Johnson is unique in that they can supply custom cut aluminum or fire resistant plastic.

Coastal has great customer service, a very decent price, free shipping after like $100 or $200, and being a member on here gets you a 5% discount (see the "Exclusive Discounts" forum).

Conde has the most variety in sublimation substrates in my opinion, so if you're looking for something really unique, they probably have it for you to sublimate on.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I saw both Johnson and Coastal at the ISA show in March at Vegas, so I'd imagine they'd be attending NBM as well. Both were pushing the different things you can do with dye sub and had good samples. I ended up buying an Epson C88 from Coastal at the show, think I spent around $650-700, came with two packs of sub paper, bulk ink system, four bags of ink (CMYK) and an additional free bag of ink (was Sawgrass's show special).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.