T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I dye sub on polyester shirts, the edges of the paper press into the shirt. Even after washing the shirts, the lines do not disappear. Does anyone have any ideas?? Thanks! :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the foam kit...now, any ideas on the shirts that must be done today?? Has anyone ever used an iron instead of the heat press??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Also make sure your paper is bigger than the foam. In other words, make sure the transfer paper hangs over the edges of the foam. I dont get paper lines doing it this way. Dont try to 'go cheap' and get as many images per sheet as you can. Press lines dont sell. Ruined shirts cost money as well as the paper and ink cost to produce an unsellable shirt. It is worth an extra few cents of paper to produce a shirt that will sell and has no paper lines.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Try to lower the pressure a little.

The idea of the foam kit is to raise the printed area a little and have your paper to over-hang the foam - like Bobby said, so the edges will not get pressed and will not leave an impression in the fabric. While you are waiting for the foam kit you can try using a clean mouse pad (if you've got one).

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Experiment on some seconds/swatched first - you might need to play around with various pressure and time combinations. Always goo idea to wright down your results for future references.

Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, now where the shirt lays on the mouse pad...you can see that. It's like it's changing the texture of the shirt. Even the line from the heat plate is leaving a line...I'm not even pressing the press closed...just letting it lay on top. Could the temperature be too high???

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Renee,

Have you got a teflon sheet? If you put it on top of the mousepad inside the shirt it should smooth the texture of the mousepad. Temperature shouldn't really influence the texture - it's more of a pressure issue. You can also try to re-press the t-shirt for 5 sec or so after you have removed the transfer to level up the surface.

Some fabrics will "bounce" back in a while after pressing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, so now I have the vapor foam kit. However, where the foam touches the shirt is still leaving a discoloration where the foam touches the shirt. Any ideas??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If the foam is under the shirt, it discolors on the back as well as the front. Now I've put it inside the shirt so it is only on the front. Temp is 385 for 45-50 seconds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
And don't forget to use just enough press to hold the transfer in place. Don't smash the foam down. It's just a tranfer of a gas, not an ink like plastisol.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts