T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue when I'm dye-subbing polyester shirts. I pre-press my shirts for about 5 seconds, my temperature is at 370 and I'm using medium pressure. Although when I do that, most of the ink transfers except for the very end which leaves a faded/cloudy look. If anyone has had this issue before and could help please let me know. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, what was the question? :unsure:

There will always be ink left on the paper, not sure if that was what you were saying.
That was the transfer paper I used, when I lifted it off the "F" on my shirt isn't fully black (it's like faded into the color of the shirt and somewhat black) and on the transfer paper it shows kind of what I mean by it staying white in comparison to the rest of the sheet that did fully transfer and has a yellow background to it. (I hope that made sense!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It may be a pressure issue with your heat press. Maybe your platens are not completely flat. Increase your pressure and try again on a scrap garment.
I don't think it's the pressure, I've tried different pressure settings and they all do the same thing. Although, I tried flipping the shirt around on the platen instead of using the bottom end (towards me), I've been using the top end and it's made a huge difference. It also only happens towards the bottom left corner (towards me) of the shirt when I try to heat press. Could that be what you mean by my platen not being completely flat.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I don't think it's the pressure, I've tried different pressure settings and they all do the same thing. Although, I tried flipping the shirt around on the platen instead of using the bottom end (towards me), I've been using the top end and it's made a huge difference. It also only happens towards the bottom left corner (towards me) of the shirt when I try to heat press. Could that be what you mean by my platen not being completely flat.
Are any seams of the garment on the platen? Collar, side seams, sleeve, bottom hem? That will keep the rest of the shirt from getting enough pressure/contact and heat. Position the shirt so all of that is off the platen. Of can use a pressing pillow to allow those seams something to sink down into, or a pressing pad the right size to raise your image area above the rest of the shirt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are any seams of the garment on the platen? Collar, side seams, sleeve, bottom hem? That will keep the rest of the shirt from getting enough pressure/contact and heat. Position the shirt so all of that is off the platen. Of can use a pressing pillow to allow those seams something to sink down into, or a pressing pad the right size to raise your image area above the rest of the shirt.
Nope! I make sure the collars off the platen and I'm using plain poly shirts so they're easy to put through the platen so it's pretty evened out.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
As splathead suggested, maybe the heat platen or the base isn't flat, or they aren't coming together evenly. You can test this by adjusting the pressure so that it is just enough to keep you from pulling a strip of paper out of the grip of an area where the print comes out good, and then see if you can pull a strip of paper out of the grip of the trouble area. Can also use a straight edge / ruler to check for flatness. Might also be able to visibly see if the heat platen seems to be a bit cockeyed relative to the bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.