T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was using messing with a print head trying to get it cleaned out and the nozzle plate came off.
Does anyone know if there is some kind of sealant on it I am not seeing?
Has anyone ever put one back on without it leaking and been able to get it in the perfect position as to not mess up the ink spray?
Is it a goner and you know this from much experience?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you be more specific?
I see or feel no type of adhesive or sealant here and the pins that go into the two holes on the nozzle plate seem like they would make for easy alignment.
As easily as it came off I am assuming it is the metal bracket that was holding it on because it was fine until i removed that.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Nope he is right. It is dead. The adhesive that holds the print head plate in place is applied much the same as micro circuits are printed. I have never heard of anyone being able to repair that failure. The bracket simply protects the edges from being ripped off during a head strike. MOL.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. BTW the guys at BQ are pretty helpful and would help u if they could, not just trying to sell u a printhead. If u figure out how to reattach the plate and have it work as new u will be rich!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
The reason why an individual will not be able to manually re-glue a piezo plate back on to the bottom of a print head is the accuracy required is so small that it requires specific equipment. We are talking about a couple microns of accuracy to make sure the plate is level with the rest of the print head in order to make sure the jetting of the ink is done properly. In addition, the amount of glue that is applied has to be just right or it will spread over and clog the nozzles.

This is the slightly more technology-based reasoning as to why you are not going to manually glue the plate back on to the print head. But I will tell you the same thing I have told many others. It's not going to hurt to try as long as you have time to kill and are willing to waste ink. Those are your risks as long as you are very careful not to get any fluid on the cables or boards when removing and reinstalling it. Personally, I would rather play the lotto as the success rate is much higher. But some people don't want to believe what many others have already tried and need to experience it for themselves. (Talking from experience as I am this type of guy.)

Best wishes,

Mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And the real problem here is not the nozzle plate it is these print head "cleaners" I am not sure what the ones for dye ink are like but these pigment ink ones which i have tried about 30 different types of only partially work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The reason why an individual will not be able to manually re-glue a piezo plate back on to the bottom of a print head is the accuracy required is so small that it requires specific equipment. We are talking about a couple microns of accuracy to make sure the plate is level with the rest of the print head in order to make sure the jetting of the ink is done properly. In addition, the amount of glue that is applied has to be just right or it will spread over and clog the nozzles.

This is the slightly more technology-based reasoning as to why you are not going to manually glue the plate back on to the print head. But I will tell you the same thing I have told many others. It's not going to hurt to try as long as you have time to kill and are willing to waste ink. Those are your risks as long as you are very careful not to get any fluid on the cables or boards when removing and reinstalling it. Personally, I would rather play the lotto as the success rate is much higher. But some people don't want to believe what many others have already tried and need to experience it for themselves. (Talking from experience as I am this type of guy.)

Best wishes,

Mark
I’ve never tried with dx5, but I’ve successfully repaired my dx4 and dx6 head before, it is possible, but you need to use the right adhesive, water based heads are easy to repair but solvent is more tricky as when it comes to doing cleaning / flushing, if the wrong adhesive was used, it will fail

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve never tried with dx5, but I’ve successfully repaired my dx4 and dx6 head before, it is possible, but you need to use the right adhesive, water based heads are easy to repair but solvent is more tricky as when it comes to doing cleaning / flushing, if the wrong adhesive was used, it will fail
can share with me what adhesive u used?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.