T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello anyone using the epson Dura brite inks? I have just had to update our printers to the C82 & C86. Both these printers use the dura brite ink. So far (okay I have only been using them 6 days) I am not impressed with the color reproduction. I much prefer the regular inks. (our old printers were epson 880s).

So far I am having a hard time with the color matching. I find this ink shows too much yellow. Any one else find this?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I'm using the DuraBrite inks and I have not had any significant problems. The only thing I've seen so far is that thin black lines tend to yellow slightly after being pressed. Other than that, colors transfer well and they don't bleed at all.

Another you might try are 'Magic Mix' inks which were specifically designed for transfer. You can buy those at http://personalizedsupplies.com/archivalinks.htm. I haven't tried them personally, but I've never heard anything bad about them at all.

One final thing you might try is to adjust the color settings for the printer. Again, never messed with these either, but I've seen people say they've had to adjust them for stuff to print in the colors they want.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi,

I use an Epson CX5200 for some of my heat transfers. I use the DuraBrite inks on TJII paper.

Usually you will have to make a slight color adjustment to eliminate the yellow tint or the green tint.

Go into your printer preferences and make the following changes:

-15 Yellow
+5 Magenta
+5 Cyan

This should get you real close to eliminating the tint.

Fred
http://www.uscolorprint.com

·
Registered
119 Posts
photodiver said:
THe yellow/green tint is exactly the problem we are having. I will try you settings tomorrow....Thank you for your help.
How did this turn out for you? I've been reading all the ink postings. I'm curious.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been using my Alps for Photo Transfers, but recently bought the Epson C88 and want to try to see what type of transfer I can get with this printer. I have heard that it makes a nice transfer. What type of transfer paper should I use? I plan to use dura brite. I read some about the Mirro paper I know I am not spelling it right. They are out of that stuff and do not know if they are going to continue selling it. Please let me know what you like for the transfer using the dura brite ink and what the site is to find them.

Thanks so much

Sue

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
The new c88 and now c88+ use ultra Durabright inks. I use "Iron All" and "MiraCool" paper I don't know this Alps paper but if it going to be hot peel transfer and I am printing it is going to be the papers I use now as I have tried others and was not happy with results.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I also get the yellow/green tint to blacks when I use the DuraBrite inks. It is not as proniunced at lower temperatures and shorter pressing times. I found a balance between good transfer adhesion and color reproduction, but was never fully satisfied. I am in the process of changing to Magic Mix inks. First results are much better blacks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts