T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new printers and heat press and am about ready to start doing a bunch of test runs..

So sine i have TWO printers, i was going to set one up for DYE SUB and the other one i wanted to set up to print DURA BRITE inks which i was told could be pressed to cotton or canvas.

I just want to make 100% sure that an epson C88 printer with DURA BRITE INK can print on heat transfer paper to be pressed to cotton and shirts and stuff..

I was going t o just buy them from office depot because they were running a special where to spend $75 you get a free portable fridge.. So i want to cash in ;)

· Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I kinda seem to have found the answer.. It is YES you can use durabrite to print on heat transfer paper and then press it to t-shirts..

now my other question, is this process similar to dye sub in that it would be best NOT to print on darker items like black t-shirts?

· Registered
16 Posts
I kinda seem to have found the answer.. It is YES you can use durabrite to print on heat transfer paper and then press it to t-shirts..

now my other question, is this process similar to dye sub in that it would be best NOT to print on darker items like black t-shirts?
You can print on dark items using ink jet and a vinyl cutter with a magic eye and special paper for printing on dark garments. You can just use scissors to cut the paper if you are doing a square or a circle.

Janine

· Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WHAT?! i t-shirt printing isnt my business.. i just figured since i had the extra printer, i can make some of my own shirts for my personal use.. i will be doing MOSTLY dye sub to sell.. and even then it wont be on a huge level.

So if i was to just print on the heat transfer paper, if i didnt cut ut out and i pressed it, what would it look like>

· Registered
16 Posts
WHAT?! i t-shirt printing isnt my business.. i just figured since i had the extra printer, i can make some of my own shirts for my personal use.. i will be doing MOSTLY dye sub to sell.. and even then it wont be on a huge level.

So if i was to just print on the heat transfer paper, if i didnt cut ut out and i pressed it, what would it look like>
It depends on how you print it. Unless you print a whole A4 sheet full of colour then there will be a white edging to it. Printing on dark transfer paper is done differently. You don't mirror image it as it is just like a transfer, you then take of the backing sheet, then press onto the garment. If I was on my work computer, then I would be able to upload a photo to show you the difference!

Janine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.