·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is dura bright good on, 50/50 or 100% cotton?:confused:

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
If you are asking if you can use durabright epson inks (Pigment ink) on transfers and then place on 50/50 or 100% tees the answer is yes. I think you may think this is plastisol ink? Pigment ink is what you should use if your printing yopur own transfers. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can use the Epson Durabrite inks on 50/50, 100% cotton, denim, canvas (totebag type material), etc..

You should use a quality heat transfer paper as this is the actual 'carrier' of the image on the fabric.

I myself use Transjet II heat transfer paper. It's been working for me for years and no reason to change to something else (yet).

Fred

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I tested some transjet ll paper today and it was OK, However the shirt had a rougher feel than miracool and Iron all. when I touched it right after I pressed it it almost stuck to my hand. iron all/Mircool I could touch it right away. I mean immediately and it was soft. i would stretch at the same time and it gets softer. But then the IA/MC are harder on my printer. can you stack transjet into your printer without any problems. I only got 2 sheets. I would use it based on the job i got. Have not washed the test shirt yet but will when wife does the whites.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
badalou said:
I tested some transjet ll paper today and it was OK, However the shirt had a rougher feel than miracool and Iron all.
Hey Lou, may be try a few different heat press time, pressure and peel-off variations since that may effect the end result.

As you know all heat presses vary a little and so does the enviroment where the work is done, like humidity etc.

just an idea.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
toonsign said:
I myself use Transjet II heat transfer paper. It's been working for me for years and no reason to change to something else (yet).

Fred
Where can I get this paper? And Lou where can I get the 2 types you listed?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is going to happen when I wash the test shirt with the ink jet light paper Lou?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know, I said it before and I'll say it again, Rodney you are a cool *** person. Thanks for all your help and for putting a board up for us. I would be lost if it wasn't for you and the time you put into this forum.

Thanks from all of us.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
When you wash the tee the first time you will get slight fading. recommend cold wash first time. But then it pretty much stays on the shirt. I wear several shirts with my web name daily and the get washed a lot as my wife hardly lets laundry hit the basket. I am going to add 2 pictures to my videos page that shows the after washing effect.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
badalou said:
When you wash the tee the first time you will get slight fading. recommend cold wash first time. But then it pretty much stays on the shirt. I wear several shirts with my web name daily and the get washed a lot as my wife hardly lets laundry hit the basket. I am going to add 2 pictures to my videos page that shows the after washing effect.
Is this with any paper or just the ink jet light?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I think any of the ink jet papers for light. I have used several and get same results for washing. Hey Lucy you may be right on that. I am in dry area of california. Low humidity. I did some test on plastisol yesterday on tote bags and had to reduce the time 3 - 4 seconds from whiat First Edition told me. after that they were great. before I wasn't getting the print to stick. lou

1 - 13 of 13 Posts