T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question. Has anyone tracked down the cheapest place to buy DuPont Artistri white ink?

The best place i have found so far is:

www.screenprintsupply.com

They sell it for $259 a liter.

There has got to be someone out there selling it cheaper???

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
depending on how much you are buying at a time I do believe that harry at equipment zone also has good prices on higher quantities. He sells a 2 liter and 5 liter bottles.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good plug for Equipment Zone but their white ink is still $26+ more for 1 liter, and even their 2 liter is about $2 more than buying 2 individual liters from Screen Print Supply.

The only time Equipment Zone becomes the cheaper option is when you buy their 5 liter white and then i think it is a $30 to $40 dollar difference between them and Screen Print Supply.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Well I was not plugging equipment zone, I was just giving another place that had price breaks. They are the only other supplier I knew of that had some type of price break besides the liter price, since it is not a common thing to find cheaper prices on the white. I did not sit and figure out the price difference, was simply giving another place I knew that had prices that at some point could save money depending on volume you are printing.

Reactions: Mistewoods

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Pete, I have never heard of this company before. Have you bought ink from them? Do you know who it is that is selling it?

·
Registered
934 Posts
I email the cheap ink guy and this was his reply:

The ink should be bottled and in my possession mid month…and I'm going to hold off on white for a while because of the cost, but that will come. My source for ink is a major manufacture of ink for these machines and they have been working great with the DTG, T-Jet and the Flexi-Jet.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I email the cheap ink guy and this was his reply:

The ink should be bottled and in my possession mid month…and I'm going to hold off on white for a while because of the cost, but that will come. My source for ink is a major manufacture of ink for these machines and they have been working great with the DTG, T-Jet and the Flexi-Jet.

That does not sound reassuring to me. If he will have the ink in his possession in a month then that is the time it takes shipments to come over from China. One month via freight.

I contacted equipment zone and they will willing to price match on a competitor for the liter price for white ink. They are very friendly!!!

I just get really annoyed when people pass off ink as their own brand. I want to know if it's DuPont or from China.

As for CMYK textiles i actually don't use DuPont inks. For that i suggest Sensient inks. The colors hold really well!!! I just wish they made white ink.

Sensient by the way is made in Switzerland and has headquarters in Cali.

I buy from their master distributor at Dye Sublimation ink, paper, equipment, support and training

I personally love them and swear by them, but everyone's gotta makes their own choice.

My contact there is Nick Constable 954-727-2807 x 205.

Tell him Jon Wye sent you... he'll treat you extra nice :)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Well it sounds like from the above post, that they dont really carry the white ink :) I didnt figure for that price. I actually just reread the website and they dont actually state they have white ink, this is what they say.

: It comes in the standard colors of CMYK PLUS Light Cyan, Light Magenta and Light Black. Even if you’re printing four color designs plus white on dark shirts, or 7 color graphics on light shirts only, you can expect superb, vibrant images with bold colors while only paying $199 per Liter:

So basically the way it is worded is to make you believe they have it, but dont actually state it.

It also says its a replacement for fastink, which sounds like it is not dupont at all.

I wouldnt use it because I have no idea where it is coming from or what kind of ink it is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just reading through to see some new ideas on where to get Dupont Artistri ink. I am confused by a couple of posts. Isn't FastInk made by Dupont and iisn't it Dupont Artistri ink?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
FastINK is a brand name of U.S. Screen - which went out of business several years ago. It is my understanding that U.S. Screen only sold Dupont ink under the name FastINK when referring to dtg ink. Some of the former distributors have continued to use the name FastINK to sell dtg ink. You have to ask the distributor to put it in writing as to whether the ink is Dupont or not. Here is one company that post it - FastINK Textile Ink. Others may or may not. You can also look at the MSDS sheets to compare the ink. Distributors are not allowed to alter MSDS sheets other than putting their contact info on it. So if all the items align up, then you can lean toward it being Dupont ink. If there are differences, then odds are that it is different. But I would still ask the distributor to put it in writing that you are getting genuine Dupont products. Dupont watches who claims to be selling their inks and will test the ink periodically to make sure that it is their product. Otherwise, their legal team will stop the company from promoting it as Dupont ink.

Hope this helps.

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah I would like to I have a bunch of 2 liter bags but it might not be the same as what you are needing. I can get a list of what I got and send them to you.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Just make sure you are getting real DuPont ink and not something rebranded as DuPont. Bad ink is the root of much evil in the DTG world! Cheap doesn't usually mean better :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts