T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the general questions, but I think it needs to be asked here, because it is in the UK...
I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, but I just barely joined this site, and I have a question that needs to be answered as soon as possible. My boyfriend is starting his own t-shirt printing business in the UK, and he's just setting up a site for it on Myspace. Nothing too special. But he talked to a few shops in London that sold copyrighted images about this, and I'm not sure if he got correct information or not. Each shop told him that he would need to buy the rights to print and sell copyrighted images. However, they also told him if he searched images on Google, then he could use them without buying the rights, because Google is free reign and no one could sue him because he got it off Google Images. Is this true? Because my boyfriend doesn't have much money at all, and he figures he'll just use the Google Images and everything will be fine. I'm worried about this though. Anyone have any input that I can tell him???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Google Images

Wait, so here's another question about that. Say my boyfriend didn't put up these images from google for other people to choose and get printed on his t-shirts. What if he just had a "customize" option and other people found images off of google to use? Then is he in violation? Because he's just doing the printing. He didn't choose the image to put on the t-shirt. Someone else did.
Right???

·
Registered
4,766 Posts

I posted this in the general questions, but I think it needs to be asked here, because it is in the UK...
I'm pretty sure this has been asked before, but I just barely joined this site, and I have a question that needs to be answered as soon as possible. My boyfriend is starting his own t-shirt printing business in the UK, and he's just setting up a site for it on Myspace. Nothing too special. But he talked to a few shops in London that sold copyrighted images about this, and I'm not sure if he got correct information or not. Each shop told him that he would need to buy the rights to print and sell copyrighted images. However, they also told him if he searched images on Google, then he could use them without buying the rights, because Google is free reign and no one could sue him because he got it off Google Images. Is this true? Because my boyfriend doesn't have much money at all, and he figures he'll just use the Google Images and everything will be fine. I'm worried about this though. Anyone have any input that I can tell him???
I will make this easy for you.. Lawsuit.. bigtime... images are owned and copyrighted. You can use your images. If you placed an image on google (which are from websites by the way) and some one used it you could in fact sue that person for copyright infringement. My distributors who sell my product always ask me if they can take images from my site to place on their sites.. why, even though they sell my product they can't use my images without my permission. Lou

·
Registered
6,008 Posts

I think when we have to ask a question, wemost likely already know the answer or atleast think we know the answer. A hudred people can tell you about the legality,but the answer you truly need comes from a Attoney. ... JB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts