T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey again, this is for my new epson 7610.

im going to be switching from dye (uv resistant) ink to cobra pigment ink. rather than try to wash out the old CISS, i'll buy a new empty one.

do I need to do anything special with the print heads themselves? (flush it with a syringe and cleaning fluids?) or will a regular old head cleaning be enough to push the left over dye from the heads and get the pigment flowing?

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
hey again, this is for my new epson 7610.

im going to be switching from dye (uv resistant) ink to cobra pigment ink. rather than try to wash out the old CISS, i'll buy a new empty one.

do I need to do anything special with the print heads themselves? (flush it with a syringe and cleaning fluids?) or will a regular old head cleaning be enough to push the left over dye from the heads and get the pigment flowing?

No need to dump or purge the inks from the print head, they only hold a small small amount of ink.

Once you install your new pigments in a new cart the printer firmware will initiate a charge cycle and then a auto head clean. All the previous inks will be completely displaced by the new inks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts