T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but here it goes.
How/where can I have tshirts printed with the soft, "made-into-the-fabric" feel I see in stores?
I have a small business selling my own trademarked logo shirts and have been having them made locally. I know it must be possible to have the soft-style printing done somewhere, right? Hoping! :)
THanks in advance for any guidance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I am in a somewhat smaller town but can certainly send it out. Is there a company that's maybe known for doing this?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Depending on the color of the garment or the desired look of the graphic, you can also print directly onto garment without using a base.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You can also get the them DTG printed. If they are on light colored shirts there is no feel to them at all, but if you are printing on darks some of the white ink has a feel to it.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Lori, there are lots of screen printers that use the kinds of inks Tim mentioned. You could post in the Referrals and Recommendations section of the forum asking for printers that do that kind of printing in your area (or close) to contact you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think what I am looking for is the shirts like those Junk Food makes. They are soft, without plastic-y printing. What method do shirts like that use?

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
They are screen printed with water based and discharge inks. Just look into local screen print shops that use those types of inks. They are very popular these days, you shouldn't have a problem finding a shop. Where are you located?

·
Registered
197 Posts
they may also be sublimated. this has no feel at all since the ink is permanantly bonded into the fabric through heat. this only works on light colors and only on polyester tshirts. you can also print on 50/50 poly/cotton blend but half of the color will wash off giving you a "worn out" kinda effect to the design. there is a categoy in this forum all about the process if you wish to learn more about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts