T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The good news is that in a little over two months I was able to go from cartoon-type sketches to actual t-shirts by using Zazzle. I wanted to send some to Maui for my brother to sell in his store and then to arrive myself in time to see how well they were doing. Very quick response time from Zazzle. The dark tees, which are made by a different factory than the one doing the whites, turned out very nicely, just like the images on Zazzle's webpage. But the images on white were much larger, smallest being 12.5" by 12.5," and the colors much duller. Basically, they had the look that they'd been worn and washed a few times.

I guess I'm wondering if I made some sort of newbie mistake. Zazzle is very clear about their white shirts having large prints, somewhere around 10" by 14" (I'm guessing), but nothing was said about the faintness of the coloring. And then there's the success of the images on the dark shirts. Using a different process, I'm sure.

So, sorry to be so windy. It's my first message.
Grateful for any input.

jj tobin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DTG on white shirts is less vibrant on the darks due to white underbase, the rip settings and the chemical reaction of the ink.

Up the saturation in your desings and do it in RGB.
Thanks, Mabuzi. But the effect I was talking about was just the opposite: vibrant and sharp on dark shirts, but dull on white ones. But I think you've pinpointed that the problem may have to do with the printing process used by the factory doing the white shirts vs. the one doing dark shirts. I like that since it tends to make it somebody else's fault.
jj tobin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.