T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a DTG HM-1 and have not even had the chance to go to a training class yet. I do have the class scheduled soon. I have been playing with the printer trying to familiarize myself with it and keep the ink fresh in the head while I am at it too. I have a print job that I run that includes white ink and I run it every day just to keep the head from clogging on me. My daily ritual is to run a nozzle check first thing and run a head cleaning if needed and then I run the print that uses white. Yesterday I had a strange thing happen. I ran the print job (it ran just fine) before doing a nozzle check and was going to run the nozzle check after but my computer isn't talking to my printer anymore.
I can see the printer in my printer folder and it says that it is ready but when I send a job I get an error. I have tried unplugging the printer and rebooting both the printer and my computer but with no success. I tried to call tech support but they NEVER returned my call. I am a little bit more that frustrated at that. After making this kind of an investment I expect a little support. Perhaps they need to get more techs qualified on the HM1. If this level of service continues you can expect me to be a regular ranter on this forum but for now I only want to get my printer back up so I don't loose my head, so to speak. I will try tech support again on Monday but does anyone have any ideas that I can try?
I am driving the printer with a laptop running Vista.
I don't get a specific error response, it just says error in my print queue.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
That is a good idea that Harry has given you. If that does not work I would also try reinstalling your rip as maybe something got changed accidentally. I have done this before without knowing it and a clean install fixed the problem.

As far as the customer service, if it happened yesterday, which is friday and today is saturday, I would say that is not bad customer service as they are not open on the weekend :) I have always gotten great customer service from them, and very quick. Let me know if this helps :) also when you reinstall the print driver the best way to to that is to delete it, unplug your usb cable, reboot your computer and plug back in and it will install itself. Let us know if this works.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree with Don about clearing your print queues. If you have a job hanging it won't print. I hope you finally got a call back from tech. And while at training, PLEASE ask them to show you proper maintenance on this machine. I can't stress enough how important this is. These machine are as labor intensive as any piece of printing equipment I have ever worked on. Make them show you how to take everything apart, even removing the print head. This will pay you dividends when you eventually have to replace the print head. And you will have to replace it!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts