T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to buy my first DTG this week, and have spent about 2-3 weeks checking every resource I can find to educate myself.

My question is --- where is the technology now?

Are the new i-series Anajets finely stable? Is there actually a reliable DTG out there being made, one that requires a littleTLC but is not completely high maintenance?

If I maintain good humidity and run printer almost everyday can I avoid most the nightmare stories I am reading?

Is there even such thing as a low maintenance DTG as most are now marketing themselves?

Word on street is new Epson may be easier to maintain than most but then again they are so new --- not allot of feedback yet!

The machines I have seriously considered purchasing are:
  • Epson F2000
  • Anajet MP5i
  • Veloci-Jet XL (the new price is nice at $13,995)
  • Mod 1

Any insight to these products in todays terms ---so many of the DTG forums are outdated when it comes to specific issues.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

jbs

· Registered
524 Posts
The biggest problem with all DTG machines is that they really need to be maintained. Preventive maintenance is key. Your other question about what one to buy, depends on your budget. I was impressed with the anajet mp10i. MP5 is slower from what I heard. All your machines have there pro and cons. Take your time and keep reading.

· Registered
43 Posts
Your expectations sound about right. The MP5i needs to be ran daily and you will spend a lot of time maintaining it. Humidity always has to be checked and maintained. It's criminal that they target home/hobby operators for this machine. It's fine for someone with a shop that's going to use it all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.