T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,589 Posts
This used to be way more common, but these days people are far more hesitant as the industry has come to understand just how critical the garments are to the actual process. They affect the print quality, potential staining, pretreatment volume, wash fastness and more....... Ultimately, a client's poor choice in blank shirts can easily affect a print shop's reputation (I guarantee the client isn't gonna accept "it was your carded cotton shirts that caused such crappy prints" as an excuse when things go wrong).

It's best to let the print shop select and filter the blanks based on their expertise and experience.

· Registered
27 Posts
I have used customer supplied shirts but tend to shy away for two reason the first being stated above, shirt quality is a big part of quality prints, also when something does go wrong, the pretreatment got laid down to light, the printer experienced a hang up or any other issues that arise. It makes it much more difficult for me to replace the shirt that had been misprinted. When I order in shirts for a customer I always order a few extra to make up for mistakes and errors.

· Registered
344 Posts
We stopped printing on customer supplied shirts a little over 3 years ago. Customers would bring poor quality shirts and, worst of all, shirts that had been worn. When we put these in the heat press the entire store smelled like body odor (even if the shirt was washed). At one time we had customers sign a waiver stating that they understood if anything messed up we would not replace their shirt. They had no problem signing it but if anything ever messed up it became a major issue so we just stopped it altogether. Now the only thing we do on brought in shirts is vinyl and the shirts must be never worn, never washed and tags still on them.

· Registered
23 Posts
There have been a couple times that I haven't been able to say no. I just make sure I charge more than what I would if they had let me order the shirt by the time its said and done. Hopefully that will make them decide to just let me order them the next time. I've had some larger more interesting shaped people that have requested to bring in their own garments as well…that's a hard one also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.