T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm wondering what ink scheme most of you are using out there? Are you setting up your eight channels (CMYK CMYK) or something else (YMCK YMCK)...do you always set up for double CMYK...how do you set up when you are printing CMYK and White?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Re: Ink

I use windex wipes for the blade and capping station and if I am cleaning the encoder strip, which I do once a week, I use small alcohol pads

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I use windex wipes for the blade and capping station and if I am cleaning the encoder strip, which I do once a week, I use small alcohol pads
do you agitate your white ink every day? what about the other ink colors? what do you do when you are out of town?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

do you agitate your white ink every day? what about the other ink colors? what do you do when you are out of town?
If you are going to be down for more than a weekend (and if we're talking white), it's better to backflush with cleaning fluid and/or Distilled water and clear out the dampers. This way when you come back online, you don't have settled TO in your dampers. When you come back, agitate run a couple head cleans to flush the lines and you'll be better off. If you're gone longer, purge the whole system with fluid, moisten the capping station and cover you printer if you have really low humidity. You don't normally have to agitate other colors, but its best not to let them sit for a very long time without use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts