T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,817 Posts
Besides the managment and sales classes, here is what I found listed that would be for dtg printers:

Jan 23, 2009 - 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
S09 Introduction to Direct-to-Garment Printing NEW!
Speaker(s): Chris Bernat of Vapor Apparel
Track: Digital Decorating
Find out what all of the buzz is about! Digital imaging technology has established itself as a viable complement to screen printing and embroidery. This must-attend session provides insight into the basics of this burgeoning decorating technology. The advantages of adding direct-to-garment capabilities to your existing decorating processes will be addressed as well.
In this session, you'll learn:
• What direct-to-garment digital printing equipment is available and the technologies they use
• How to implement a workflow system for using direct-to-garment digital printing equipment
• How to put into place a practical color management system in your shop
---------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 23, 2009 - 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
S14 Photoshop Basics for Garment Decoration
Speaker(s): Dane Clement of Great Dane Graphics
This fast-paced, information-packed seminar will teach you how to optimize your art files before you separate them for screen printing or print them digitally. You will learn how to pull artwork off of a white, black or photographic background to separate images with separation software or to use for printing digitally on any color garment.
• How to optimize your files
• How to pull images off white, black and photographic backgrounds
• How to apply Photoshop techniques for screen, digital direct-to-garment and sublimation printing

----------------------------------------

Jan 25, 2009 - 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM
S43 How to Create Killer Artwork for Digital Printing NEW!
Speaker(s): Dane Clement of Great Dane Graphics
With the growth of digital printing, how do you make your designs stand out among the rest? Join Dane Clement as he discusses how to take your designs to the next level using various tips and tricks using Photoshop. Learn how to create interesting type layouts from simple to elaborate that can dress up any design. Find out how to use Photoshop's layer styles and how to manipulate them to create your own styles for use in your own designs. With the popularity of the distressed look today, learn how to create and use your own distressed textures and photo edges to design your own trendy looks. Finally, see how to incorporate personal photos into pre-made photo templates to create one-of-a-kind layouts for your clients. With the help of Dane's tips and tricks, you'll be ready to take on the competition quickly and easily, and start offering your customers designs like they've never seen before.
• How to create interesting type and type applications
• How to create layer styles and apply them to shapes
• How to create new looks to photos, including distressed texture and photo edges

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I saw the two Digital Decorating classes. There are also two similar classes for Corel users, but they only have one seminar that says it's specifically oriented to direct to garment printing and that's an intro. I'm guessing you can get most of that information from this website and other on-line resources.

It just seems strange to me that dtg isn't better represented.

They also have this seminar:
S03 Pricing Embroidered and Screen Printed Apparel - The Shocking Truth

It would be nice to see dtg added to that title...

Chris

· Premium Member
8,928 Posts
Chris I think the reason being is that the dtg field is much much smaller then the other printing methods. You have to remember its an industry that is only a few years old, where as the others have been around for a long long time :) I think that is where you see a difference. There really are only a small number of machine owners compared to other decorating methods, that was one of the reasons I went into it :) It fit my business plan perfect, and there was not alot of local competition :) That is one of the advantages of doing dtg when it fits your business.

· Registered
4,817 Posts
I think it is a matter of time before you see more classes at the trade shows for dtg printing now that you are starting to see more articles in the magazines. The one thing that the trade show organizers want to make sure of is that there seminars don't turn into an info-commercial. So what you need to do is let them know what you want a seminar on and they will typically listen to you. I know that Rodney is wired into Impressions Magazine / ISS Shows... so I am sure he can get them to check a post out. So why no list what you want in a seminar here and let your voice be heard!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.