T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking at the different digital printing technologies and trying to work out how to get the best durability for the money, It doesn't seem like anything is coming close to the quality/durability of screen printing but people are preferring DTG over heat transfers... Does a DTG print actually last longer than an inkjet transfer? If so, why? At a basic level they are very similar, you can even use the same model printer for both, the only real difference I can see are the inks used (leaving the difference of transferring the design to paper and applying using a heat press / curing the DTG design with a heat press to the side for the moment). Can't you just use DTG inks in a standard inkjet printer, print onto some sort of release paper (lets say dye sub paper) and heat press/cure it to get exactly the same end result as a DTG machine without all the expense (or hastle of making your own)? I’ve read all of the comparison threads but haven’t seen an explanation of WHY a DTG print is more durable?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts