T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do heat transfers (like the cheap F&M one color) compare to items that are one color and printed on a DTG printer? Comparing how it looks and durability. I know nothing about DTG, but I think I can gain a customer who I don't think should be using DTG and is overpaying.

I'm thinking that the F&M would be even better, but really that's just me guessing. Please help me so I don't give out bad information.

thanks

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Both methods fill completely different needs....

Have you ever pressed a shirt with a transfer from F&M?.....If not, send them some artwork and do up some samples with your logo (100 should be less than 50.00 all in).....Let folks try them out and see how they perform....I think based on price and performance F&M will work for lots of clients....

But having said that, I think DTG will have a softer hand in the long run...So if that is a concern and your client has the money, let them go with DTG...

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just bought a bunch of F&M one colors and they are extremely heavy and feel like vinyl. Their fashion print however is outstanding except I had around 20 of the 75 I ordered that were ruined. They sent me replacements overnight (very good) but still had a bunch that were ruined. Maybe under cured?

The athletic ones I just pressed have been cracking but I might have something going on with my new washer because ALL of my screenprinted t's (mine and ones I have had) are cracking really bad all the sudden.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.