T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems with the viper. Only will print yellow and white. I'll clean it get a good nozzle check and print, and then it will go back to yelloe and white.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This morning it was a great nozzle check and then idk what happens. Samething happened yesterday.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Ignore the nozzle check, when was the last time you actually printed designs and all channels were firing fine?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
That's probably the issue. If a printer sits for too long, the ink in the lines, dampers and even the capping station residue can gunk up, separate, etc.

You might get one good print out of it, but if you flush any of that gunk into the printhead, you may end up getting some terrible clogs.

I would suggest tossing the dampers and putting new ones in, and also flushing all the lines/tubes as well (NOT through the printhead).

If you're technically savvy, reverse waterfall the printhead to try to remove any gunk or chunks of dried separated ink.

Clean the capping station, clean the wiper blade.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The sooner the better. You can blow a printhead if any sediment is too big to get out.

Don't let DTG printers sit for more than 2 days if you can avoid it. Nozzle checks aren't good for actually confirming problems -- the amount of ink printed on a nozzle check is so little that it can't always inform you of a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts