T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if I rent out my DTG Viper how much should I ask for?

And what should I have in contact just in-case something happens to it like part failing ?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I think you need to base your decision on what rental equipment of equal value goes for in your area. If you were to rent a $15-20,000 piece of equipment like a boom lift or stump grinder from a local U-Rent it what would they charge you? What sort of security desosit would they require?

I think you will be surprised at what that number looks like. My guess would be $50-60 a day with a $1000-1500 security deposit. (even at that rate it would take over a year to return your investment into the machine - based on 6 days of rental per week) You also need to determine how you are going to train the operator of the machine.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Knowing what we know about our Viper systems...I'm not sure renting it out is the best idea. While they work great for our POD shirt fulfillment service (primarily because they're constantly running), if you have thorough experience with Vipers (and all other direct to garment printing systems for that matter), they can be temperamental and they can break if mishandled. There are so many moving parts, the replacement parts are expensive and take a few days to receive, etc., I would simply ask myself if it's worth the risk.

These things are the price of cars. Would you rent your car to someone? Have you ever done a "transmission drop" in a rental car? I'm not saying I have, but you never know what someone will do to your sensitive baby while you're not looking.

Just throwing it out there...

Anyway, if you DO rent, hold them responsible for the cost of ink!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts