T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new in this forum, and hope my english is correct :)
In advance thanks for your help!

I’ve just received my DTG HM1 printer few days ago, but I having some problems with it.
I’ve tried to print a nozzle check since the first day I plug it, but it keeps giving me the same nozzle, with very light blue and red.
I think there is a problem with the initial ink charge.
My reseller is sending the DTG under his own name, so he provide me 2 burns CD.
The first one with the RIP and the USB key, and the second one with the drivers installation.

When I read the DTG HMA manual, page 19, I can read that there is a maintenance CD, but I only have one folder with one file called “ssc_serv.exe”
I’ve tried to install the drivers on differents computer, running this ssc_serv.exe from my hard drive and from the CD, but I can’t do any initial ink charge.
The button is there, but nothing happen…So I think is is why I can’t print a good nozzle check, and can’t print a good image.

On the DTG manual, still page 19, they mention a file called “KioskAdj.exe” that I don’t have, and a Sentinal Protection Installer 7.3.0 that I don’t have neither.

So I will be really Thanksfull if you have any advice.
My resseler was selling the DTG under his own brand, so I didn’t even had any manual, it’s just after receving the printer that I figured out that it was a DTG. So I want online and then I had the chance to download the manual…because I didn’t had any of them.
Even the drivers are in burns CD with his brand on them, so I bet that I don’t have all the informations and software to install it.

By the way, he also refuse to give me my invitation to the DTG forum.
If you have any advice please let me know, i've contacted the webmaster, and i will wait for his reply.

Thanks for your time
Regards

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
It definately sounds like you did not get the maintenance program. You do need this too do the ink charge. You will also need it to reset your waste ink counter. I would call them and let them know that you are missing it. I wish I could help more, but I dont know where you can get it, other then the distributor. Maybe you can email DTG America and ask them. They might be able to send it to you or something. Hope this helps. The file you cant find, the Kioskadj.exe is the maintenance file name.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Actually i'm located in Europ.
But is this maintenance program specific to every single printer?
I mean, is it possible that someone who have the the maintenance programm can zip it and send it by email/ftp or throught yousendit.com
Do you think this really bad nozzle check can be because of this initial ink charge program?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Can you see any air bubbles in your ink lines? I would try using a syringe and sucking the ink up thru each damper to make sure they are primed well and dont have air pockets in them. If there is air in the dampers or the lines it will keep the ink from flowing well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna abuse of your kindness.
I took a picture of the back of the HM1, and I would like your opinion about that.
As you can see on the bottles, there is grey "hook", should i remove them?
An other question, as you can see the Cyan, is upper that the yellow and the black.
Witch position is the best?
All bottle are filled the same.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Modena139
My name is Gareth and I am a DTG technician here in the UK, Please could you message me with all the details of the seller you have purchased your machine form, as it seems you have some bits missing.
All machines in Europe have 3 CD's, 1 software, 2 Manuals and drivers, 3 Maintenance.
Did you also recieve any installation or operation training ?

Best regards

Gareth

·
Registered
24 Posts
It definately sounds like you did not get the maintenance program. You do need this too do the ink charge. You will also need it to reset your waste ink counter. I would call them and let them know that you are missing it. I wish I could help more, but I dont know where you can get it, other then the distributor. Maybe you can email DTG America and ask them. They might be able to send it to you or something. Hope this helps. The file you cant find, the Kioskadj.exe is the maintenance file name.

We have a similar problem, but have the Kioskadj.exe on our cd, but it is not establishing connection with the HM1 printer. The ink and error lights are flasing and we need to reset the waste ink counter, but nothing happens when we click initialize or read. We run Vista, is this perhaps an issue? We need to print, any ideas?

Thanks
Riaan

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The maintenance program requires that it be run in XP mode, your distributor should be able to show you the proper way to set this up. I have seen it done, but do not have the info in front of me to do it. It is a Windows thing, not within the program itself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The maintenance program requires that it be run in XP mode, your distributor should be able to show you the proper way to set this up. I have seen it done, but do not have the info in front of me to do it. It is a Windows thing, not within the program itself.
Don,

Thanks, I've connected my "old" pc (wife's clever idea) with XP and reset the waste ink counter no problem. What is the Vista solution though.

Thanks again for pointing us in the right direction.

Riaan

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Try this (I believe this is the proper way, don't kill the messenger if not)

1 Copy the maintenance program to the PC
2 Right Click the program and select "XP service pack 2 mode"
3 Check on "Run as administrator"

Sorry if this is not complete, I had to translate it from Japenglish from an email I recieved a few months ago!:)

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
From my service techs, on using the Epson adjustment program for either the Kiosk or T-Jet 1 and 2, using Windows Vista:

In Vista you need to use the compatibility wizard and run it as an administrator.
Right click on it, go to properties > compatibility > Set the mode to Windows XP SP2.
Click Ok. Then right click and run as admin. Will work fine after that.

If you need a copy of the adjustment program, again for either the DTG Kiosk or the Fast T-Jet 1 and T-Jet 2, you can download it from our site:
Fast T-Jet Adjustment Program

Harry

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
That is correct, I also have vista and had to change these properties for mine to work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts