T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

i´m new on this forums, i found it really interesting and with lots of important information about textile business.

Im starting a business regarding tshirts and sweatshirts printings.

The key issues of this is the leadtime. As i already have all tshirts and sweatshirts done in my storage, the issue here is the printing time and quality.

My projection of needs is:
500 tshirts plus 200 sweatshirts per week
Tshirts: 80/20 cotton/poly 160grs,
sweatshirts: 80/20 cotton/poly 280grs, with full zipper and others without any zippers

the important thing is my reaction time, i mean from when i recieve the order, i will be needing to have this ready in less than a week (hope just 3 to 4 days only, imagine 100 per style color)

So im asking your help on DTG printers options that can have a great quality, good timing, easy to use, hope the less maintenence and can print in full zipper sweatshirt too

My budget is about 100.000 USD as i really need a good and confident machine to do this job.

Also a second big question is about discharge print, as the only printer now that can do discharge is the kornit avalance dc pro, but is out of my budget, i will need your comments on how can i discharge a dark tshirt and then use the DTG to print in it so i can have the DTG quality and colors but the soft hand of a discharge.

I will really appreciatte your help in any comments or recomendations you may have.

Many thanks in advance to all of you.

Im based in Santiago of Chile, southamerica in case you know a good distributor or a brand that can give good international support.

Jose

· Registered
466 Posts
I do not recommend heat transfer method myself. I tried it and it cracks WAY too easily. DTG is more cumbersome but lasts longer and is stronger. I'm in the process of buying a DTG machine after wasting money on an OKI laser printer for laser transfers.

· Registered
671 Posts
Sorry but from what I've seen there is a big difference between DTG prints and transfer paper prints using the Oki laser.

I would really do your research as DTG works best on 100% cotton for tees, you can do 80/20 but the final quality will depend on the weight of the garment, the pre-treat and the viscosity of the ink used. There are hybrid systems in the works for some DTG printers where you can screenprint a base and then use the printer to lay down the colour. This can be used for discharge applications too. You'd also really have to go some to pump out 700 garments in a week on one DTG machine if you're using white ink IMO.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

But you do you think is workable on about 500-700 units per week to use a good DTG printer?

Also, does any have a good picture comparison between the quality of the print on white and dark over screening and DTG? i havent got in my hands a DTG tshirt and i need to know if the handfeel is better than screening

Mnay thanks to all on your comments
Thanks
Jose

· Registered
671 Posts
It depends on ink coverage, certainly on my printer I would be hard pushed to crank our 5-700 prints a week if it's white ink in a regular working day.

DTG and screenprint are two different things when it comes to the final print. For example you could print a dark shirt dtg and then print it with plastisol on a screen print, heat press it and the feel would be around the same.

· Registered
646 Posts
With a 100,000 buget you can get at least 5 epson dtg printers.

Hello to all,

i´m new on this forums, i found it really interesting and with lots of important information about textile business.

Im starting a business regarding tshirts and sweatshirts printings.

The key issues of this is the leadtime. As i already have all tshirts and sweatshirts done in my storage, the issue here is the printing time and quality.

My projection of needs is:
500 tshirts plus 200 sweatshirts per week
Tshirts: 80/20 cotton/poly 160grs,
sweatshirts: 80/20 cotton/poly 280grs, with full zipper and others without any zippers

the important thing is my reaction time, i mean from when i recieve the order, i will be needing to have this ready in less than a week (hope just 3 to 4 days only, imagine 100 per style color)

So im asking your help on DTG printers options that can have a great quality, good timing, easy to use, hope the less maintenence and can print in full zipper sweatshirt too

My budget is about 100.000 USD as i really need a good and confident machine to do this job.

Also a second big question is about discharge print, as the only printer now that can do discharge is the kornit avalance dc pro, but is out of my budget, i will need your comments on how can i discharge a dark tshirt and then use the DTG to print in it so i can have the DTG quality and colors but the soft hand of a discharge.

I will really appreciatte your help in any comments or recomendations you may have.

Many thanks in advance to all of you.

Im based in Santiago of Chile, southamerica in case you know a good distributor or a brand that can give good international support.

Jose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.