T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Greg, I talked to a guy from Colorado Timberline at the SGIA show and they said they do wholesale/contract DTG printing on darks and lights.

They are at: Colorado Timberline
I checked out the site and opened an account. The videos of their operations and apparel are pretty cool. Watching the laser etching is pretty neat. Did I use the word neat. I feel like Richie Cunningham. Anyway, I uploaded my design into their design tool and ordered a shirt. Here is the proof I received but I'm a little confused by something that came up went I ordered the shirt.
It looks fine on the proof and when I went through on the design tool process. There is no white in the design, however it stated that WHT WILL PRINT-forest. Forest, being the color of the shirt. What looks white in the design is really a shade of gray, or black. Do you think this is a default comment that pops up and adds the color of the shirt? I would assume it would print exactly the way the proof shows. Anyway, if it works out, it was pretty reasonable at $8.50. I can use this for the sample my customer wanted.

Thanks for the tip on the company

Attachments

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
I checked out the site and opened an account. The videos of their operations and apparel are pretty cool. Watching the laser etching is pretty neat. Did I use the word neat. I feel like Richie Cunningham. Anyway, I uploaded my design into their design tool and ordered a shirt. Here is the proof I received but I'm a little confused by something that came up went I ordered the shirt.
It looks fine on the proof and when I went through on the design tool process. There is no white in the design, however it stated that WHT WILL PRINT-forest. Forest, being the color of the shirt. What looks white in the design is really a shade of gray, or black. Do you think this is a default comment that pops up and adds the color of the shirt? I would assume it would print exactly the way the proof shows. Anyway, if it works out, it was pretty reasonable at $8.50. I can use this for the sample my customer wanted.

Thanks for the tip on the company
Yes, I think since it's printing on a dark garment, it has to use white ink to make the light gray color. Without white ink, that color wouldn't be possible.

Although, if you wanted to be super sure, you could email or call them and ask.

· Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first design I uploaded was in RGB, not CMYK so I had to change it. When I corrected the artwork I didn't get the message. I called and cancelled the first order and reentered it. I gave them a need by date on the order and they actually called my cell phone to let me know they could get it to me by that date. Rush order was only $1.00 more. The customer service has been great! I'll post a pic of the shirt when I get it. This should be a great source for a lot of different things.

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
The first design I uploaded was in RGB, not CMYK so I had to change it. When I corrected the artwork I didn't get the message. I called and cancelled the first order and reentered it. I gave them a need by date on the order and they actually called my cell phone to let me know they could get it to me by that date. Rush order was only $1.00 more. The customer service has been great! I'll post a pic of the shirt when I get it. This should be a great source for a lot of different things.
Thanks for the feedback on their service. When I talked to the guy at the show, I was surprised at how much they offered there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts