T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

We would like to take a poll of sorts. We (Hitman Designs) would like to know what percentage of your DTG business is being printed on dark garments. We are creating stock designs for DTG users and would like to know if all or most designs should be designed for lights as well as dark color garments. Any feed back would be helpful and thanks for your time.

· Registered
35 Posts
I don't see how knowing what color of shirt most print on will determine your designs.... *** long as you don't save the files as a .jpg or totally flatten the images with a white background you can print on what ever color you want. All the designs I've made can be printed on any color shirt since I have 2 files for each: a layered file in case I need to change a color or font for someone and a flattened layer one with a transparent background to print from.

And just a suggestion to broaden you customer base... on the digital page it says 11x17 images sizes... if you are creating them why don't you make them larger for printers that can and want to print larger sizes... people can always scale them down to fit their individual printers but enlarging them to fit will reduce some quality of the print. I create all my files for myself at 22 x 28 and I can only print 11 x 17. but i do this in case I ever upgrade to a larger printer. just my $0.02 tho.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NexgenGrafix,

Thanks for the input. We do create designs at a suitable rez to compensate for re-sizing for t-shirt printing. As far as printing on dark question.... we have an line of designs that look like the typical airbrush t-shirts found on the beaches, most were designed for light color garments. Yes, you can just print them on any color depending on your printing process. But there is a difference between creating designs for dark and light colored shirts. Espacially when it comes to our airbrush looking designs that have smooth bends. That is why the question was asked, to see how much did it matter that all designs must work nicely on dark and light color garments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.