T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've printed an entire job of 39 tanks, and this 40th one just will not print correctly. My settings for everything have remained the same, but this issue is occurring on every single medium tank top I try to print.

This is supposed to be a solid white print:
Automotive design Textile Asphalt Grey Font

I've tried more pretreat, less pretreat, heat pressing the shirts before pretreating them... but now I'm wondering if it's just the shirts, though I don't understand why there would be variation between sizes of the same brand. Again, I printed 39 other black Bella + Canvas tank tops for this job, but the one medium they need will not print correctly.

Any ideas welcome, I'm going insane over here.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Variations in same model t-shirts by the same brand are possible. I've noticed it on Next Level t-shirts a lot lately, mostly black t-shirts. Does the tank top feel a bit rougher than the rest? I would try more pre-treatment and more ink as well.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I don't understand why there would be variation between sizes of the same brand.
I've mentioned the issue many times in this forum.
Years ago I attempted to create a print settings database for every shirt.
The I noticed the unpredictable variation between shirts of the same model.

T-shirts are produced in batches of same color and size.
ALSO, the fabric used for the shirts is produced in batches.

When you buy a box of black shirts, all XL size shirts in the box are likely to be from the same roll of fabric, so they will print the same.
BUT, the M size shirts will be from a different roll.
If the rolls are from the same batch, all good... But that's not always the case.

·
Registered
496 Posts

When you buy a box of black shirts, all XL size shirts in the box are likely to be from the same roll of fabric, so they will print the same.
If the rolls are from the same batch, all good... But that's not always the case.
Very much this right here! ^^^^^^^

And with supply chain issues being what they have been for the last year, I'd say this problem has been amplified significantly within some brands.

·
Registered
869 Posts

Perfectly explained. Well done!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts