T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Hi,

I bought a secondhand DTG printer, Crystal Jet, based on the Epson 1290. The sellers say that it was working fine when it left them, but when I switch it on, the display panel says "Connecting..." and "Wait Online..."

The printhead does not move when switched on, and it is also not doing a self-check, as supposed to.

I've installed the drivers on my pc, but the pc is not finding the printer at all.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Charene

I would unplug the printer from your computer. Then turn the printer on. On any of the Epson based printers the head should move side to side and then park. You should also be able to do a head cleaning from the control buttons of the printer. If it does not do any of these your problem is with the printer itself, not the driver or your computer.

Harry

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
You seem to have hardware issues, not software issues. Your best solution at this point is to get in touch with the Chinese manufacturer of the printer. Every printer brand has at least some unique components and how they interact together. That is why support availability can be as important a purchase decision as the actual printer itself. I do not believe this equipment manufacturer has any distributors outside of China so you will probably have to deal with them directly.

Harry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.