T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the toughest time finding a DTG printer in the Los Angeles area that prints white ink. I have Googled myself into oblivion and I still have not come across one. I really need someone who can do white ink as my designs are detailed and have highlights, and I found that printers who can't print white ink are not fully capturing the design. Screen printing would not be a cost effective method, as my design have too many colors.

Any suggestions :confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I checked the printer listings and found nothing.

@FatKatz-Do you have a website?

Is DTG isn't the best option, what other options are there aside from screen printing?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No we don't have a website... I won't have time to take on any orders, but I can help you with your file if its gonna be costly or even doable by DTG...

just send me the file to my email... [email protected] and I will check it out and see if I can find someone for you.
I would rather not send files of my designs. Just tell me what other methods are out there for printing more detailed designs aside from screen printing and DTG if there are any.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
ok, there are many other ways sublimation, heat transfers, but its depends on the end result you are looking for..

I assume is... price, detail and quality. Well, I can't tell which way to go cause don't know how detailed your design is until I see it.

I am not out to solicit business ... trust me I am not out to steal designs just trying to help. I do DTG with white ink and if there are certain transparency in the design its a no go.

Do you have a website? or some where I can just see them? kinda working blind here

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, there are many other ways sublimation, heat transfers, but its depends on the end result you are looking for..

I assume is... price, detail and quality. Well, I can't tell which way to go cause don't know how detailed your design is until I see it.

I am not out to solicit business ... trust me I am not out to steal designs just trying to help. I do DTG with white ink and if there are certain transparency in the design its a no go.

Do you have a website? or some where I can just see them? kinda working blind here
My designs are similiar in shading, color, and detail to this:

There are no transparencies.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
ok, if you are planning on printing these on darker colored shirt then you need (DTG printer that prints white ink) if you plan on printing these on lighter color shirts you maybe able to find a DTG printer that prints white/light color shirts only...

Brother Printers (don't print dark shirts only white/light color shirts)

Epson Printers (some print white only like Brother, but others print dark shirts)

so .. it will depend what type of shirts you are looking to print on..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, if you are planning on printing these on darker colored shirt then you need (DTG printer that prints white ink) if you plan on printing these on lighter color shirts you maybe able to find a DTG printer that prints white/light color shirts only...

Brother Printers (don't print dark shirts only white/light color shirts)

Epson Printers (some print white only like Brother, but others print dark shirts)

so .. it will depend what type of shirts you are looking to print on..

The shirt colors are all definitely light at this point. White, soft pinks, yellow, cream.

No dark shirts. The issue I am having is that my highlights and white areas of the design are not showing up and are not clear. With those that can't print white ink, I noticed that the designs look the best only on WHITE shirts. Having to always print on white shirts is a problem.:(

·
Registered
679 Posts
The shirt colors are all definitely light at this point. White, soft pinks, yellow, cream.

No dark shirts. The issue I am having is that my highlights and white areas of the design are not showing up and are not clear. With those that can't print white ink, I noticed that the designs look the best only on WHITE shirts. Having to always print on white shirts is a problem.:(
Light or dark, a white underbase needs to be applied to have the highlight areas pop out. (Except on the white shirts as you pointed out..) Yes, you need someone that can print white ink.

FYI, you're going to have to send your file to someone at some point, most DTG printers require the file to determine ink costs and give you a proper quote. Don't be so paranoid, legit DTG companies have no interest in stealing customer art..

Having said that, is there a reason they have to be in LA? Are you trying to avoid shipping costs?

Slightly off topic, but this is exactly the reason I have a problem with the major POD sites, any white areas are ignored and end up the color of the shirt. (If it's a light shirt such as yellow, blue, etc.)

·
Registered
5,275 Posts

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
I agree..If you have or want a CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT you can them sign it so that you aren't so paranoid about your designs.. remember you are on a public forum looking for help.

So we are gonna need more than just a small description of what you need ... see how many questions we had to ask to get what you need and point you in the right direction. I know you are new but some of us are just trying to help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Light or dark, a white underbase needs to be applied to have the highlight areas pop out. (Except on the white shirts as you pointed out..) Yes, you need someone that can print white ink.

FYI, you're going to have to send your file to someone at some point, most DTG printers require the file to determine ink costs and give you a proper quote. Don't be so paranoid, legit DTG companies have no interest in stealing customer art..

Having said that, is there a reason they have to be in LA? Are you trying to avoid shipping costs?

Slightly off topic, but this is exactly the reason I have a problem with the major POD sites, any white areas are ignored and end up the color of the shirt. (If it's a light shirt such as yellow, blue, etc.)
Hun I'm not paranoid about sending my design to a person I KNOW is a DTG printer. I will not however blindley send my designs across a message board. Nothing personal to anyone and I appreciate everyones input.

Well I would prefer LA so that I can see what it is I am working with. It is definitely easier to get samples from printers in your own city.

Yes! the white areas are ignored, which can wash out certain areas of my designs. :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts