T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
i'm very new into t-shirt print production and to the forum. i want to purchase a DTG machine to start a new business but as a starter can you kindly give me the best advice on which of the machines to start with.
i'm in Africa and the which ever machine i purchase will be shipped all the way down here, also considering the fact that i wont easily find its parts and accessories locally, so i need a durable machine with easy maintenance that can take atleast 100-200 shirts daily.

i look forward to your responses...

· Registered
2,135 Posts
:welcome:We're glad to have you aboard!

Given your location I would probably say a Brother 541 if only doing light color shirts or a Brother 782 if you need to print on light/dark shirts, Brother is a global company and I'm sure they offer support in Africa.

This thread my also help you.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/direct-garment-dtg-inkjet-printing/t41520.html

Hope this helps.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Jon for your response, i agree with you that the brother is a global brand but the GT-782 is what i need but its a way above my start-up budget. so you don't advice i get a DTG that can do almost the same as a brother even if i have to order the parts? can you kindly give me reasons?

· Registered
2,135 Posts
Thank you Jon for your response, i agree with you that the brother is a global brand but the GT-782 is what i need but its a way above my start-up budget. so you don't advice i get a DTG that can do almost the same as a brother even if i have to order the parts? can you kindly give me reasons?
Parts & Supplies is why I thought of Brother, the problem with the majority of DTG companies is that they are regional based in the USA, Asia, and the UK, any printer you pick needs to have a network of technical support, parts, and supplies available at least on your continent, while we have a great supply of machines and supplies (ink) here in the USA a lot of people even in the UK have problems finding suppliers of ink and other consumables required to print in their area.

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.