T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK..

Here's the question.....We own a monogramming shop in MS and currently do embroidery, laser engraving, sublimation, pressure vinyl and heat transfer of twill. We are looking into a DTG machine because our t-shirts business has picked up since we have been doing the heat transfer on shirts...We laser cut our logos and names in the twill and press on shirts...We have to weed the logos after we laser them and this is taking a lot of time..Took 1 1/5 days to do 50 shirts and we do usually one color prints....would we be better to get the VersaCamm and print on heat press material and be able to do colors....or is the DTG the better bet??? I have a junk Vinyl cutter and we do a LOT of window stickers and the Versa cam would just add to it but Seem like the print to garment would do much better graphics...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK..

Here's the question.....We own a monogramming shop in MS and currently do embroidery, laser engraving, sublimation, pressure vinyl and heat transfer of twill. We are looking into a DTG machine because our t-shirts business has picked up since we have been doing the heat transfer on shirts...We laser cut our logos and names in the twill and press on shirts...We have to weed the logos after we laser them and this is taking a lot of time..Took 1 1/5 days to do 50 shirts and we do usually one color prints....would we be better to get the VersaCamm and print on heat press material and be able to do colors....or is the DTG the better bet??? I have a junk Vinyl cutter and we do a LOT of window stickers and the Versa cam would just add to it but Seem like the print to garment would do much better graphics...

·
Registered
536 Posts
I am about to look into DTG but only as an add on to our SP300 Roland print and cut.
I would go print and cut since you are familiar with the techniques and software. We jobs up to 2000 units at a time. I have tradesmen and hospitaltiy with print and cut method but shy away form DTG when the logo needs to last.
Will use the DTG for fashion fulll colour designs.

·
Registered
205 Posts
3 years ago we looked at both the DTG and the Versacamm...and in the end the question for us was.."When your machine isnt running shirts, what is it doing for you?" - The versacamm is more versatile and we have been able to offer our customers so much more than if we had gone with a DTG... We have 2 VC's and have been very happy with them...Good luck with your purchase!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts