T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience and maybe some pointers on DTG printing on Camo t-shirts? I have and anajet and have had very poor results. I pretreat the shirts just like any other dark shirt but on the first batch the ink seemed to puddle on top of the shirts. The shirts have a strange feel like there is a coating on them so the next batch I actually washed in my washing machine first and then pretreated. The results were better but the customer wasn't real happy because of how much of the camo showed through the print. I imagine some of it is ink migration but they are 100% cotton so I wouldn't think that would be a huge issue but I don't know. All of the sudden I'm getting a bunch of orders for camo so I need to get this figured out.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I would also maybe try a different brand camo shirt, as some shirts can have a sizing treatment on them that can affect the print.

·
Registered
115 Posts
We had poor result on camo. Washing works great, same as on other dark shirts. But the print starts to bleed when doing white underbase and it shows a blue halo-effect around it. Probably because the camo-structure is printed on the garment.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I would also like to know if you got it figured out because I have people asking about camo as well and would not of thought it would have been any different?

We did do some shirts on our brother printer and they had stain guard on them, didn't realize it until we ruined 3 of them. They were supplied by the customer. we would print tees then polos and the tees looked great the polos not so great, we thought our printhead was going bad but luckily it was just stain guard:)

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
A quick way (although not foolproof) to see if a garment has a finish on it that may affect the adherence of digital garment ink is to pour a small amount of water on the garment. If the water soaks into the fabric you should be OK. If the water beads up on top of the shirt chances are it has a finish. That finish will probably prevent the water based ink, that we all use, from absorbing into and adhering to the shirt fibers.

Harry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts